When Do Dentists Start Up Again After The Pandemic ?

My regular dentist was only doing temporary fillings, during this pandemic ,and then only if you were in pain.  I have again got fillings that have come out, so I wonder if they are back to normal yet ?

Depends on the dentist - they were classed as essential workers, so some stayed open.

Just now, Thirsty Relic said:

Depends on the dentist - they were classed as essential workers, so some stayed open.

Thank you for your reply.

If you are with a private dentist most of them seem to be open for business, for routine checkups and just about everything,  but the NHS dentists seem to be open for emergencies only.

My NHS dentist contacted me to say my check up is due this week. I'm going on Wednesday so I assume they'll be doing any work that's needed. (Hopefully none). Might be worth ringing your dentist Patricia.

They may be open, but still not doing any drilling/water picking.

My dentist is working normally, at least as far as fillings and checkups are concerned. I’ve had two permanent fillings during lockdown. The practice has all the necessary equipment and the staff are taking the required precautions. They have an aerosol procedure in place which includes the staff wearing high level PPE, the windows being opened and the room being left empty for a certain length of time between patients - I think it is about 15 minutes. 

A lot of people have had trouble getting emergency dental treatment during the pandemic. This should still be available on the NHS - if you are in a lot of pain, you can phone any NHS dentist (you don't have to be 'registered') and tell them this and that you need triaging. You should be seen. 

Guest sibon
6 hours ago, pattricia said:

My regular dentist was only doing temporary fillings, during this pandemic ,and then only if you were in pain.  I have again got fillings that have come out, so I wonder if they are back to normal yet ?

I’m in the same boat as you Pat. I’ve managed to get an appointment but I’ve had to wait a couple of months. 

When I rang I explained that the filling that has come out is a bit tender. They were quite happy to give me an appointment to have it sorted properly.

My dentist was working on major, non-emergency  work throughout.

The building and rooms were big and airy and safe for three people to be in.

My dentist open too. Had a filling come out, and they got dressed up in these space suits to do the work.

With the space suits and the bright lights, it's good if you want to pretend you're being beamed up to a UFO for some probing.

mine been working fine although its private and NHS not much difference even PPE hardly any change and then the cheeky  so and so wanted an extra £7 per visit to cover PPE !!!! told em where to go i pay enough as a private patient and then she said well NHS dont pay anyway? i think this has been dropped now by BUPA.