Relaxation Of Restrictions. For How Long?

As the title really. 

I hope with every fibre of my being that there are no more lockdowns but my gut tells me there are more to come. 

What are your thoughts? 

Am I just being a pessimist? 

Spring is coming and that  saw numbers fall off a cliff.

I think the only place restrictions may come back is in vaccine resistant areas if it spikes there.

I’m going to be optimistic and hope that there will be no more hard lockdowns.  If the virus starts to spread again I’m hoping the covid vaccine will do it’s job and stops people form becoming  seriously ill, therefore protecting the national health. It’s the new variants of the virus I’m worried about and can only hope the scientists can tweak the vaccine to cope with them.

Im keeping my fingers crossed that the vaccine also prevents the spread of the virus.  

The general public  have been told vaccines are the way out, and they are working, and therefore they wont accept another lockdown and it will lead to civil unrest.

Edited by HeHasRisen

I'd like to say that we're over the worst and we'll have no more lockdowns, but I think we will.

We've got to the stage that we can cautiously start opening up, but now people are chomping at the bit for foreign holidays with little or no restrictions on Covid checking/quarantining when they return.  That can only lead to more infections in my opinion, and more infections lead to........

12 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I'd like to say that we're over the worst and we'll have no more lockdowns, but I think we will.

We've got to the stage that we can cautiously start opening up, but now people are chomping at the bit for foreign holidays with little or no restrictions on Covid checking/quarantining when they return.  That can only lead to more infections in my opinion, and more infections lead to........

The number of infections will be irrelevant. The whole point of lockdowns was to stop strain on the NHS, if the vaccine works then the NHS wont be put at a strain. If they put lockdowns in place for this reason, see my last post for what will happen.

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

As the title really. 

I hope with every fibre of my being that there are no more lockdowns but my gut tells me there are more to come. 

What are your thoughts? 

Am I just being a pessimist? 

No, you're being realistic.  Buffoon Boris has already done a U-turn on his "data not dates" mantra.  Just look at Barnsley - Covid infections are sky high. 

4 minutes ago, steved32 said:

No, you're being realistic.  Buffoon Boris has already done a U-turn on his "data not dates" mantra.  Just look at Barnsley - Covid infections are sky high. 

Sky high? Really? It's 52 per 100k, a whole 2 bigger than the next area, and marked as "decreasing". Hyperbole much?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-cases-by-local-authority-epidemiological-data-8-april-2021

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest makapaka
32 minutes ago, steved32 said:

No they’re not.

I'm hoping this is the last one. I keep reading little headlines that dent that confidence, AZ might not work against the braziallian variant, the South African variant might get round Pfeizer. It's a worry.

48 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Sky high? Really? It's 52 per 100k, a whole 2 bigger than the next area, and marked as "decreasing". Hyperbole much?

Yesterday's data put Barnsley at 3x the national average for infections...90 per 100k.  Not hyperbole, but fact.

Well how fast we get back to normality is really down to us isn't it?

Today is just one stage, (stage 2 of 5, I believe?  Stage 5 being the proposed ending of restrictions on 21/06/21) but some will see it as a total relaxation.   Trouble is people only hear the first part of all this & many readily forget that you still need the face coverings, still need to regularly wash hands & keep the social distancing in place, throughout this stage to keep the 'R' rate down, which is still running around 1 overall nationally. 

So enjoy the latest bit of freedom but keep the other rules & regulations in mind & we just might be able to enter stage 3 by the proposed mid May date? 

Note PROPOSED mid May date.  As said, all down to the general public.