Relaxation Of Restrictions. For How Long?

16 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

As the title really. 

I hope with every fibre of my being that there are no more lockdowns but my gut tells me there are more to come. 

What are your thoughts? 

Am I just being a pessimist? 

My thoughts are that the lockdown should not have been lifted until the vaccination roll out was complete. Just my opinion.

13 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

The number of infections will be irrelevant. The whole point of lockdowns was to stop strain on the NHS, if the vaccine works then the NHS wont be put at a strain. If they put lockdowns in place for this reason, see my last post for what will happen.

Watch any documentary on Spanish flu (ironically the first thing I mentioned in Feb last year) 

When a new strain more deadly and more infectious mutation more than likely happens, after everyone thinks it is over, we'll be back at square one. 

And the same thing will happens: the news will be full of , why didn't you do this, or that earlier.

8 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Well just back from The Moor.  Debenham's fire sale, the store is packed.  I'm sure someone, somewhere was monitoring customers, counting us in & out but I couldn't see anyone visible?

The Moor looks like a very busy Saturday in mid summer, although the majority are wearing face coverings but  the Govt's request to continue social distancing appears to have been forgotten. 

hence why face masks should be compulsory , or at the very least 'heavily' advised to wear, outside, when in town / city centres

It's so so blindingly obvious, that I still can't comprehend that this still hasn't sunk in (people or governments)

Countries where people wear/wore facemasks, have fared better.  (basically all of Asia, AUS, NZ and any places that experienced SARS)

7 hours ago, RJRB said:

Malin Bridge Inn looked busy this morning with a queue at the door and a full beer garden.

Its hard to drink beer with a face mask on.

It's not hard. 

Just do what anyone with a brain does. Put mask over face when talking. Though to be honest it's not masks that put me off pubs now. It's everyone no adhering to the bloody obvious.

Even in the pharmacy last week, 2 people in front of me, neither wearing a mask. 

It's not the staff's fault, and I don't expect them or me to intervene (like all the forum ideologists will post, did you report them?)

If someone can't respect a simple medical setting, wearing a mask, then they will have no 2nd question about not knocking me out, if I try an intervene.

5 hours ago, ab6262 said:

nurses and doctors in a close environment to patients with covid, the air is not changed it hangs about in hospitals and is concentrated, as for whitty et al of course they do they want us to believe it does something, comfort blanket nothing more and if it  makes you feel safer then fine.

So how do you explain so many countries where people follow either rules / or brain, and they are dealing with it ok?

-

I've seen all the comments on , why pay a private company to run track n trace... can any of these posters suggest an alternative? 

Do Labour /Libs / Scottish or England have a department for APPs building?

58 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Watch any documentary on Spanish flu (ironically the first thing I mentioned in Feb last year) 

When a new strain more deadly and more infectious mutation more than likely happens, after everyone thinks it is over, we'll be back at square one. 

And the same thing will happens: the news will be full of , why didn't you do this, or that earlier.

hence why face masks should be compulsory , or at the very least 'heavily' advised to wear, outside, when in town / city centres

It's so so blindingly obvious, that I still can't comprehend that this still hasn't sunk in (people or governments)

Countries where people wear/wore facemasks, have fared better.  (basically all of Asia, AUS, NZ and any places that experienced SARS)....

Sorry but I have to disagree on that. Facemasks are really not necessary when outside, in towns or city centres as social distancing works well. In enclosed spaces such as transport and shops etc then it is a good idea. It's a bit like the no smoking regulations, outside no problem, inside its a nono.

The main reasons Asia has fared better is because of its past history in dealing with potential infection spread. The majority of the pandemic type infections over the past 50 years or so have originated from those very countries so they are better geared up for dealing with them. When it come to China for instance, masks may have helped simply because of the high population densities in their cities. London is about the only example of a UK city where facemasks may have helped reduce the spread and it has almost the same population density as Wuhan.

9 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

I've seen all the comments on , why pay a private company to run track n trace... can any of these posters suggest an alternative? 

Do Labour /Libs / Scottish or England have a department for APPs building?

It's nothing special, you don't need a department to build an app, it's just a project. There are plenty of developers in government. You talk as if it's something special.

10 hours ago, Janus said:

My thoughts are that the lockdown should not have been lifted until the vaccination roll out was complete. Just my opinion.

So you wanted all shops etc... closed until October? It's a good job you aren't in charge of the economy.

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Extending covid  to make money . Do you really believe what you posted ?

more like making hay while the sun shines, can see some people cynically wanting and engineering things so they last a bit longer.

8 minutes ago, Janus said:

The 45 years olds and below are still at risk until vaccinated. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56729897

So I ask again...you want to keep all shops restaurants etc...closed until the end of October 2021, meaning in some areas of the UK some sectors of the economy would have been closed for almost  a full year? Restaurants had to shut in Sheffield on the 5th Nov 2020.

The economy opened up in summer last year with no approved vaccine so your argument has no logic.

Edited by HeHasRisen

@HeHasRisen- guessing you've been here before? You should know doom & gloom is the correct way to look at life on here - Prozac sales are high in the region.🙂

Just now, RollingJ said:

@HeHasRisen- guessing you've been here before? You should know doom & gloom is the correct way to look at life on here - Prozac sales are high in the region.🙂

Yes I came back when all the tyrants got booted out the other week. 

England is giving out its first doses of the Moderna jab, the third Covid-19 vaccine in the nation's rollout.

It will be available at 21 sites, included the Madejski Stadium in Reading and the Sheffield Arena.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-56727510

Janus why are you ignoring my question?