Sheffield Wednesday V Swansea City

WELL 3 home games,can we do it  ,yes we can,but its the tiredness and lack of taking chances,now is the time to step up and be counted,what do others think?

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

WELL 3 home games,can we do it  ,yes we can,but its the tiredness and lack of taking chances,now is the time to step up and be counted,what do others think?

We're down, let's just look forward to shifting some of the deadwood in the summer and moving on. Hope Darren Moore stays in charge.

Yesterday, I expected at least a point v Swansea.

Today, fickle as this game, my own personal Roller Coaster, and predictions are, Swansea threw a massive spanner in the works yesterday. We can compete and threaten the club in 4th place though, so my optimism sticks.

A draw.

We all know owt can happen.

On 10/04/2021 at 17:25, bassett one said:

It was the time to step up and be counted about ten games ago. 

This team is not good enough to stay up. 

3 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

It was the time to step up and be counted about ten games ago. 

This team is not good enough to stay up. 

We are left with the remnants of what went before,players not on other players wavelengths,lack of movement,lack of quality and a lack of ambition,players winding down their contracts before moving on to better clubs with more ambition and way better players.The legacy of what was the 2016/17 season and the failure to recruit players to a plan,more than just a manager.

It was all predictable,but they went ahead anyway,and the cost will be certain relegation, most likely in bottom position.

Its been coming for a few years,it could have been changed,but the opportunities werent taken.

Worse will follow,Wednesday will fall a long way under Chansiri and his advisor,Moore will leave or be sacked, tough days ahead very tough.

6 hours ago, staninoodle said:

We are left with the remnants of what went before,players not on other players wavelengths,lack of movement,lack of quality and a lack of ambition,players winding down their contracts before moving on to better clubs with more ambition and way better players.The legacy of what was the 2016/17 season and the failure to recruit players to a plan,more than just a manager.

It was all predictable,but they went ahead anyway,and the cost will be certain relegation, most likely in bottom position.

Its been coming for a few years,it could have been changed,but the opportunities werent taken.

Worse will follow,Wednesday will fall a long way under Chansiri and his advisor,Moore will leave or be sacked, tough days ahead very tough.

Its not over yet , In other sports people have gone on to win from what seemed to be an impossible situation , the boxer Rocky Marciano being an example , I have just been allowed back onto these pages so I am taking care not to get involved in the hopeless situation that is Sheffield pro football but one thing stands out a mile (to me anyway) why is it all about the Owls on these pages , Both teams played this weekend but only the Owls get a mention from fans of both teams , strange that . in fact I just had another look and the last post that involved United was days ago when their reserves beat Wednesday reserves .

Edited by cuttsie
looking back

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Its not over yet , In other sports people have gone on to win from what seemed to be an impossible situation , the boxer Rocky Marciano being an example , I have just been allowed back onto these pages so I am taking care not to get involved in the hopeless situation that is Sheffield pro football but one thing stands out a mile (to me anyway) why is it all about the Owls on these pages , Both teams played this weekend but only the Owls get a mention from fans of both teams , strange that . in fact I just had another look and the last post that involved United was days ago when their reserves beat Wednesday reserves .

Hmmm... :huh:

... I think the obvious difference here is that United fans have accepted their fate, whereas there is still a glimmer of hope for some Wednesday fans.

Also, it's hard to criticise a team like United who for a few seasons have certainly been playing above their individual capabilities, whereas the Wednesday team appear to be 'not bothered' and to be playing below what most of us think they are capable of... :|

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Think the Blades supporters are just sick to the back teeth of their team.

Everything that can be said, as already been said.

Been a dire season, losing every week.

Afraid the Owls are going the same way, at least they keep winning the odd game, so keeps a bit of interest going.

10 hours ago, Padders said:

Think the Blades supporters are just sick to the back teeth of their team.

Everything that can be said, as already been said.

Been a dire season, losing every week.

Afraid the Owls are going the same way, at least they keep winning the odd game, so keeps a bit of interest going.

Nail on head.

The Blades this season have achieved what i thought was impossible ; they've made me hate football.I just can't stand watching them.

I'll be back next season though( as long as we're allowed in the ground)....the sucker that i am.

I'm having a break from SF.

My health is not good at the moment. I've been in constant bad pain since November and it's worn me down. My life's not threatened, but I'm utterly peed off. I'm in to my second day of no TV.  That's gone in the loft. My beer stash has been dumped in the Cellar. I might listen to football on the radio, but at the moment, that's in a cupboard as well. I'm at a very low point. It's a shame Cov and Brum can't slip below us and Rovrum. I'd like to see both SY clubs stay up.

Miracles, apparently, happen at Easter.

Not for us, unfortunately. 

11 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I'm having a break from SF.

My health is not good at the moment. I've been in constant bad pain since November and it's worn me down. My life's not threatened, but I'm utterly peed off. I'm in to my second day of no TV.  That's gone in the loft. My beer stash has been dumped in the Cellar. I might listen to football on the radio, but at the moment, that's in a cupboard as well. I'm at a very low point. It's a shame Cov and Brum can't slip below us and Rovrum. I'd like to see both SY clubs stay up.

Miracles, apparently, happen at Easter.

Not for us, unfortunately. 

Sorry to hear of your health problem Hotty, Get yourself back to full fitness and come back when you feel the time is right, you play a big part on this site and will be missed. In the mean time take it easy and stay safe.

While it,s  still mathematically possible to stay up the team have to  give it there all. Swansea are a good side who of late up to last saturday have had a blip, we never know how we are going to perform under normal circumstances a draw would be a satisfactory result  if we were not in such a dire situation. I,ll sit on the fence and wait for the inevitable to happen.