The Equire Club

The Esquire was soft drinks only. But many, mostly young men would pop in for a crafty pint to a nearby pub! My husband can't remember the name of the pub?????

That's right, Dodgers, used by the Sheffield bus staff from Leadmill Depot at the end of shift.  John Smiths house if I remember correctly?

On 10/04/2021 at 11:52, sedith said:

That's right, Dodgers, used by the Sheffield bus staff from Leadmill Depot at the end of shift.  John Smiths house if I remember correctly?

John Smith's it was.

Yes, my neighbours father ran it at one time when I lived in Sheffield

I went there regularly in the mid sixties. Some memorable acts I saw were The Animals, Sonny Boy  Williamson, Memphis Slim and Alexis Korner (unfortunately without Cyril Davies who I never got to see. His rendering of Country Line Special always reminds me of the place more than any other recording.) 

People I remember from that time were Bob Maybury, Bob Wood, Mick Dickenson, Geoff Bull and Lorraine Grayson, Christine Taylor, the MacKay twins, Celia Kitson and many others who I knew only by their first names. 

Used to nip out to the Dodgers in between the bands.

Great days indeed!

On 10/04/2021 at 15:04, jack reacher said:

Dodgers, or the norfolk arms

Excellent pint of Magnet !!!!