Ebay: Buyer Wants To Rtn Part, No Comeback Apparently!

Unfortunately, as a seasoned seller on flea bay, its up to the seller to set the account for returns or no returns and pays postage or not. 

Check your account settings and adjust in future as required. 

All a bit irrelevant anyway because  even if you set no returns paypal will still refund if they say it damaged/unfit for purpose or not delivered

used paypal chat, they were great, said that, as I said no refunds, buyer is not partof the guarantee scheme, i did say no returns, though i don't think they were clear on the ground I could refuse rtn. They also said any bad feedback and i can appeal. But, not sure what to do, don't want bad FB at any period, maybe will allow him to send back at his own cost then refund.

Edited by gamezone07

He has posted the item without discussion, will just refund him, he pays rtn postage

Ah, now E bay is saying item arrived, but i have not recieved it, and other parcels have come ok.

I believe returns are supposed to be sent via a tracked service.

Yeah I use tracked recorded delivery all the time because I don't trust the local Snail Mail to not let stuff go "walkies" as it's happened more than once.

Agree with that ....but I think some buyers claim they have not received it when it’s not signed for !

allays use UPS for the parcels , better price and better service ...

55 minutes ago, alarmingmark said:

Agree with that ....but I think some buyers claim they have not received it when it’s not signed for !

allays use UPS for the parcels , better price and better service ...

That's their fault innit! :D 

If the sellers use a tracked delivery service, the tracking shows whether an item's been delivered/signed for.

The few times I sell on there, I've started sending from Mum and Dad's because there's a Hermes delivery drop off place on Stannington Road, much cheaper and better service than Royal Mail.

There's also a Hermes Depot up at Heeley apparently.

Hermes is cheaper but anything of value would use RM.

I have rescued a customers parcel from being out in a " safe place" by Hermes.

It was a new expensive laptop put in the black bin.

It was only by chance I was visiting early to the house to collect tools...and it was bin day too.

Several years ago I sold some WWE VHS videos on eBay, sent them off and everything, unfortunately the buyer never received them, as they allegedly went walkies in the post! :rant: so I was down £25 as in order to not get negative feedback for something that weren't my fault, I refunded the payment.

This is why I don't use Ebay (as a seller) any more.

Ended up around £80  out of pocket because someone decided to return an electrical item as not working.

No idea what they did to it to break it but functional when sent.

Ebay weren't interested. Maybe they already had a busted on and were just looking to get it swapped with a working one.