Ebay: Buyer Wants To Rtn Part, No Comeback Apparently!

Hi, a buyer bought an part for a cleaner off me, I clearly said it was for a particular model, and indeed the colour of the model,  they now say the part is too small, and wants to return it, is this correct, and do they pay for the return postage and forfeit the postage costs to send it, or something else, I think i am going to be be out of pocket here, never had a return(give detailed info) Is it my responsiblity if the part doesn't fit?

I note I did say no returns, but it looks like buyers can just reject anything

In your case I would say the buyer is responsible for return postage as it was down to them to check compatibility before purchase.

thing is, there is no option to reply to him, fait accompli,

and, i think he would have the option for bad feedback,

its also saying I confirmed the request, when i havent even clicked on it.

Edited by gamezone07

I guess it depends what he selected as the reason for return.

Some options get automatically accepted.

Take it on the chin ....eBay has sellers over a barrel ....even though without sellers it wouldn’t have a business.....

Be very polite in your messages although would have asked him to confirm the model/type of his cleaner.

When the part is received back it must be in the same condition as it was sent, then  a refund can be given.

Generally, if a buyer hints at or threatens to give bad feedback, this can be enough to get the feedback removed by ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338683477&customid=&toolid=10001

there was no option to reply, it was sold under buy now, annoying thing is i turned down another offer, and had to pay weirdly for an optipon that i hadn't asked for, had no issues at all with selling before, not that i have sold much.

does this help ebay T&C, my interpretation is if you have given the exact details of what this is for, if the buyer buys it and it doesnt fit a different thing, he/she can return it if you agree, he/she pays the return P&P, if they start giving you bad feed back threats refer to ebay disputes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041&st=7

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/manage-returns-missing-items-refunds-sellers?id=4079

They still play the system ....saying not as described.....it’s a joke ...had it before .... it even said in the listing   “ no returns DO NOT BID unless you agree “ wouldn’t mind if they had asked a question about the item and I could have advised if the part worked on the buyers system .... but no they just purchased it and complained afterwards, it was the wrong part ! 

You can get in touch with eBay about it. I had someone try and pull the same thing, chatted to their support and was actually surprised when they agreed with me so the return was cancelled.

I have some cognitive issues, is there a phone option

40 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

I have some cognitive issues, is there a phone option

No sure about phone but there is live chat