Ordinary Sheffielders.

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Song by the Bay City Rollers...

Probably wore Blue Suede Shoes.

I do wear blue shoes now Tom. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, drolnhoj said:

Apparently I looked like two of Bay City Rollers. Not the dodgy one 🙂. When we played rugby if they called a shang move I ended up with the ball. I don't think my tartan jacket and 9 foot long tartan scarf helped my case. 🤣🤣

Shang move ????

Just now, hackey lad said:

Shang move ????

🙂

Bloke at work at a habit of sniffing where a young lady had been sat.

He was forever known as "Sniffer"

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Bloke at work at a habit of sniffing where a young lady had been sat.

He was forever known as "Sniffer"

Why ?

9 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Why ?

Hackey, your so Naive  :blush:

12 hours ago, Padders said:

Song by the Bay City Rollers...

Probably wore Blue Suede Shoes.

Bay City Rollers - Blue Suede Shoes  :huh: 

Bay City Rollers - Trainers or Ladies Stack Heal Fashion Boots 🤣.

Showaddywaddy, Carl Perkins - Blue Suede Shoes.

Anyway,  two more.

Old work made of mine - Slowpoke.

Named because (he was given the options) it was A, because he was renowned for being a lover of great quality or B , it was because he was so laid back - to the point of, when he was asleep at his work bench, we were tempted to take his boots off, to make sure he hadn't a 'Tag' on his big toe 🤣🤣.

An off the cuff remark that I thought our mechanic was a  (Fill in the blanks) F***y Magnet, my reasoning being - every time he sat down to read his book some C*** would disturb him with, "I know its your break time, but, could you just!" went down that well  he wore  the title with pride to the point of having a 'F***y Magnet' book mark made 🤣🤣.

Keep safe out there 8) .

• Like 1

THE BOY DONE GOOD. (1987)

When my wife worked for Thorne Fire extinguishers based at Norfolk Br. back in the 80s.

There was a young lad worked in the warehouse Jeremy was his name....

Jeremy was an ordinary lad, his main job was maintaining and refilling the Fire Extinguishers.

Now Jeremy was tight, and I mean tight, every penny he earned went into paying for flying lessons to become a pilot..

Because of this he became the butt of many jokes from his older workmates, who thought he was a bit odd...

Now Jeremy used to be a member of the Sheffield Aero Club based at Thorpe Salvin, which was basically a small Airfield with a Clubhouse...

One night they were having some sort of do, and booked a hypnotist to entertain them.

Jeremy was a bit of a sceptic, and thought it was all a big scam.

Anyway, his mates badgered him to get up on the stage and be Hypnotized.

The Hypnotist put him in a trance, and told him to buy everyone a drink at 9-30pm.

Jeremy sat back at his table and said what a load of old rubbish....

What happened next?

Well, bearing in mind that Jeremy was a tight old sod, At precisely 9-30pm he stood up and said "Right lads, what's everybody drinking"

Anyway, after a couple of years, Jeremy did indeed obtain a pilots license, most members of the club were unable to afford their own aeroplane, so what they did they would club together and share a plane..

Jeremy and Two others managed to buy an old plane, fly it and maintain it...

So, one day at work Janice (the wife) was talking to Jeremy, and he invited her and the family to Thorpe Salvin for a day out..

So myself, Janice, and my two daughters Karen and Jill went to Thorpe Salvin for a day out..

Nice little place, the runway was a grass field.

Jeremy asked Karen if she fancied doing a bit of Cloud busting as he put it, at 16yr old, my daughter jumped at the chance..

That was it, we had a nice meal in the clubhouse, while Karen went "Cloud Busting"

I don't have to tell you what an amazing and thrilling experience she had...

So this week, I was talking to Karen, and somehow began to reminiscence about that day,

I wondered about Jeremy, so with Jeremy's details we began a search on facebook, 

We found him, and he his now a Senior pilot with Virgin Airways doing transatlantic flights....

THE BOY DONE GOOD!

2OXtlHh_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

• Like 1

Just think Padders - if you save every penny you earn from running Padders Bar......and get more customers in..... then you could save the profits up, then do what your heart desires.......be it train to be a pilot (free travel), or...become a beekeeper (free honey for life), or build that special shed of your dreams to win Shed of the Year.

A lot to think about before you open up tonight......mine's a pint as usual by the way!

30 minutes ago, Padders said:

When my wife worked for Thorne Fire extinguishers based at Norfolk Br. back in the 80s.

Jeremy was an ordinary lad, his main job was maintaining and refilling the Fire Extinguishers.

Now Jeremy was tight, and I mean tight, every penny he earned went into paying for flying lessons to become a pilot..

Because of this he became the butt of many jokes from his older workmates, who thought he was a bit odd...

Now Jeremy used to be a member of the Sheffield Aero Club based at Thorpe Salvin, which was basically a small Airfield with a Clubhouse...

One night they were having some sort of do, and booked a hypnotist to entertain them.

The Hypnotist put him in a trance, and told him to buy everyone a drink at 9-30pm.

What happened next?

Well, bearing in mind that Jeremy was a tight old sod, At precisely 9-30pm he stood up and said "Right lads, what's everybody drinking"

Anyway, after a couple of years, Jeremy did indeed obtain a pilots license, most members of the club were unable to afford their own aeroplane, so what they did they would club together and share a plane..

Jeremy and Two others managed to buy an old plane, fly it and maintain it...

So, one day at work Janice (the wife) was talking to Jeremy, and he invited her and the family to Thorpe Salvin for a day out..

So myself, Janice, and my two daughters Karen and Jill went to Thorpe Salvin for a day out..

Nice little place, the runway was a grass field.

Jeremy asked Karen if she fancied doing a bit of Cloud busting as he put it, at 16yr old, my daughter jumped at the chance..

That was it, we had a nice meal in the clubhouse, while Karen went "Cloud Busting"

I don't have to tell you what an amazing and thrilling experience she had...

So this week, I was talking to Karen, and somehow began to reminiscence about that day,

I wondered about Jeremy, so with Jeremy's details we began a search on facebook, 

We found him, and he his now a Senior pilot with Virgin Airways doing transatlantic flights....

THE BOY DONE GOOD!

To get that far he certainly didn't buy another round for a long time.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Padders said:

What happened next?

Excellent piece of reminiscing and research there Padders.

But what I want to know  'How do you put photo's on here' 🤣 

16 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Just think Padders - if you save every penny you earn from running Padders Bar......and get more customers in..... then you could save the profits up, then do what your heart desires.......be it train to be a pilot (free travel), or...become a beekeeper (free honey for life), or build that special shed of your dreams to win Shed of the Year.

A lot to think about before you open up tonight......mine's a pint as usual by the way!

I'd bee waiting till 9.30  i'ts Jeremy's round' :bigsmile:.

Edited by Rockers rule
Spelling Ooop's

1 minute ago, Rockers rule said:

Excellent piece of reminiscing and research there Padders.

But what I want to know  'How do you put photo's on here' 🤣 

I'd bee waiting till 9.30  i'ts Jeremey's round' :bigsmile:.

Haven't a clue Rockers, my resident daughter does it.