Prince Philip Has Died

46 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Go on, don't be shy, do tell how it's going to get interesting 😎

Either the poster refers to possible skeletons coming out of the cupboard or that the Queen may no longer wish to reign- her consort,  companion, rock etc for 73 years has gone.

6 hours ago, whiteowl said:

It's ridiculous - why does it have to be on so many channels. Every sympathy with the family but this is overkill.

Absolutely spot on.  Let's hope when Queenie departs we'll get a holiday!

And PM slimeball playing the great statesman today ... Oh My God.

I never speak ill of the dead.

he meant something to someone.

the reaction is ridiculous though -  none of us knew him or knew what he was like - we only hear from the media or what see in made up programmes like the crown etc.

At the end of the day a very privileged old man at the age of 99 has died.

It’s a shame but  a lot of other older people die - every day - for whatever reason - and you don’t hear owt about a any of em.

Nice to see David Icke has joined the forum.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, butlers said:

Nice to see David Icke has joined the forum.

That's the trouble with posting stuff.  You might have not caught on to the first part of my post to MJ01  - "I didn't think the pubs were open until Monday?" but just jumped in?   Have a re-read of my post again, sloooowly. 

Go look at some of the stupid comments, that some of the unintelligent sheep believe because what's posted on the Internet. 

Apparently, Philip was a secret Nazi sympathiser due to heritage(?) is one of the few things I could post on here without SF banning me.  I'm surmising some juvenile mind has heard today that his great-great grandfather, (Prince Albert), was a German, so as we all know, all Germans are related to Hitler?  (Even though he was Austrian.  That'll have a few running to to the internet to check). 

The Internet has a lot to answer for but so does some people's intelligence. 

Edited by Baron99

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I’m also pleased that there are tribute programmes on TV.

I knew Prince Phillip was a war hero but I’ve learnt much more about this man today.

When I see all the tributes from all over the world, including one from Mr Putin, it makes you realise how popular the Monarchy is world wide.

I've also learnt more about him from a programme I've been watching today.

I knew a little about his childhood from something I'd previously read, and  there  was a  programme on a few weeks ago about his mother Princess Alice I found interesting.

She was born deaf and learnt to lip read in a few languages, but  she suffered with a mental illness in adult life, and Philip as a child was separated from her for a few years and sent to live with various relatives when she was forcibly admitted to a sanatorium.

Later in life she became a nun, but before then during the Nazi period, she had risked arrest by hiding  some Jewish people in her home.

In Israel she is among those on 'The Righteous  Amongst the Nations' list of honours.

Edited by janie48

My post was aimed at the pathetic post of MJ01

4 hours ago, Longcol said:

Go on, don't be shy, do tell how it's going to get interesting 😎

Putting some things into perspective... We have problems with covid laws, the public and a very public funeral taking place. We also have Harry and Meghan coming to it. Her maj could now abdicate with Charles becoming King, and the press is going to have a... you know the term... field day. So interesting it will be.

18 minutes ago, butlers said:

My post was aimed at the pathetic post of MJ01

I apologise. 

None needed think we posted within couple of seconds.

Be interesting what the moderation team make if the other post.

4 hours ago, makapaka said:

I never speak ill of the dead.

he meant something to someone.

the reaction is ridiculous though -  none of us knew him or knew what he was like - we only hear from the media or what see in made up programmes like the crown etc.

At the end of the day a very privileged old man at the age of 99 has died.

It’s a shame but  a lot of other older people die - every day - for whatever reason - and you don’t hear owt about a any of em.

👏👏👏👏👏👏