Prince Philip Has Died

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Why was the Queen sat alone ? Surely as a family they are all in the same bubble 

I would not call it a bubble,  Charles was in the very first group of people who got infected with covid. 

Why the queen sat alone is not our problem really we did not tell her to do that.

4 hours ago, dutch said:

I would not call it a bubble,  Charles was in the very first group of people who got infected with covid. 

Why the queen sat alone is not our problem really we did not tell her to do that.

This was at Windsor Castle not Barnard Castle.

The same rules apply to everyone. I very much doubt anyone with half a heart would object to some flexibility being shown to anyone in this situation but the rules don't allow it and so the rules were followed.

Also, I would imagine anyone in the immediate direct line to the throne would be kept apart, just in case...

3 hours ago, andyofborg said:

This was at Windsor Castle not Barnard Castle.

The same rules apply to everyone. I very much doubt anyone with half a heart would object to some flexibility being shown to anyone in this situation but the rules don't allow it and so the rules were followed.

Also, I would imagine anyone in the immediate direct line to the throne would be kept apart, just in case...

Add on the fact that if someone did sit with her and there was flexibility of the rules -  half of the media and a good majority of people on here would be screaming about privileged elitist rich people being able to to skirt around the covid rules blah blah blah....

Edited by ECCOnoob

44 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Add on the fact that if someone did sit with her and there was flexibility of the rules -  half of the media and a good majority of people on here would be screaming about privileged elitist rich people being able to to skirt around the covid rules blah blah blah....

Absolutely - and they would have had a damn good reason to do so. 

Thankfully, the Queen is aware that a leader has to set an example and did so under difficult circumstances.