Prince Philip Has Died

18 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Our Queen was dignified and acted with fortitude at this very sad time for her.

It was so sad to see her sat alone in the church.

Prince Charles looked heartbroken.

The military and others at the ceremony were magnificent in their show of respect.

Couldn't agree more with your comments. 

However, I was also thinking about how much money was saved by the tax payer by having a scaled down funeral, (albeit enforced by the Covid restrictions), not having to pay for enhanced security for an additional 800 to 1,000 mourners, disruption to the surrounding area & the inevitable clean up afterwards, especially in the current financial climate. 

It also spared us the sight of all the false mawkishness of seeing people trying to throw flowers at a passing herse with one hand, while trying to video or selfie themselves with the other to post later on their social media accounts. 

23 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

The military and others at the ceremony were magnificent in their show of respect.

I agree.

It was very moving and brought tears to my eyes.

The choice of music which Prince Philip apparently chose himself was lovely.

2 hours ago, MyFriendStan said:

I wonder where edward found his medals. 

Same place as Anne, :hihi:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Same place as Anne, :hihi:

I bet they both been round the car boot sale.

17 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Agree, just a shame (IMO) those in the Royal family weren't in uniform because of one prima donna and her husband.

The Hollywood princes should hang her head in shame spoiling the pageantry of such a somber moment.    

11 hours ago, altus said:

You two do realise that honours, many of which come with a medal, are not necessarily military don't you? Here's a list of Edward's honours and here's a list of Anne's.

thanks for putting the thread back on line  Altus.

I for one thought Edward stood out from the others in his interviews on tv after Philip died.

Keep safe  - Long live the Queen.

I'm no royalist but I thought she deserved some privacy at the funeral, not having a camera pointed at her.

The Queen acted with dignity at Prince Philip’s funeral as did the rest of the Royal Family.  

The military were brilliant with there show of respect but when it comes to pomp and pageantry the British know how to do it.

7 hours ago, alchresearch said:

I'm no royalist but I thought she deserved some privacy at the funeral, not having a camera pointed at her.

I'm with you on this one.  The camera shots should have been limited to the overhead shot & another just focused on the clergy. 

Why was the Queen sat alone ? Surely as a family they are all in the same bubble 

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why was the Queen sat alone ? Surely as a family they are all in the same bubble 

Apparently not according to BBC Breakfast news this morning.  The Queen's in a small Windsor bubble with a few Windsor staff & the Lady in Waiting, who travelled with her in the car to the funeral.