Prince Philip Has Died

43 minutes ago, enntee said:

It is getting a bit much, now.

A third day with no Radio 4 Extra.

It's annoying because we can no longer point and laugh at North Korea in quite the same way.

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Yes, there still are restrictions, so that is probably the reason. The 'hair' comment is a 'bad-taste' joke, surely ?

Im not joking, he looks a complete mess and I thought the same about Corbyn,   scruffy ,   Personal  presentation is a big thing in my book,  Starmer is a good example of to how to look when representing  our country in front world leaders  and attending Funerals ect.  No pride in your appearence wouldnt give me much confidence of you having pride in your job.  Just think of  how many people around the world will be watching Prince Phillips funeral, everyone attending  will be dressed to the nines and looking smart clean and tidy then you have a Baffoon like Johnson turning up looking like the Court Jester,  he is an embarrasment,

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Im not joking, he looks a complete mess and I thought the same about Corbyn,   scruffy ,   Personal  presentation is a big thing in my book,  Starmer is a good example of to how to look when representing  our country in front world leaders  and attending Funerals ect.  No pride in your appearence wouldnt give me much confidence of you having pride in your job.  Just think of  how many people around the world will be watching Prince Phillips funeral, everyone attending  will be dressed to the nines and looking smart clean and tidy then you have a Baffoon like Johnson turning up looking like the Court Jester,  he is an embarrasment,

i agree Starmer looks the part but sadly a case of fur coat and no knickers, all the gear and no idea!

20 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

i agree Starmer looks the part but sadly a case of fur coat and no knickers, all the gear and no idea!

Lol,  I never ever thought I would say what I'm about to say about a Politician,  Starmer looks more believable ( credible )  :gag::hihi:

The BBC has an online complaints procedure and they are getting loads of complaints about the excessive coverage of philip. They do not want to admit how many complaints they had but I have heard it must have been many and they were shocked.

I did not bother complaining myself, the TV can be switched off or other things watched online.

Friday afternoon I did check the BBC sounds app on my mobile and had the feeling to be transported 60 years back or to some old harsh eastern country trying to force you to be a royalist believer again. Even radio 1, 1X were doing it, unbelievable.

Seen a large pile of unsold newspapers at newsagents saturday afternoon and they told me they got more than usual but they did sell less papers than usual saturday. Sun readers in particular had not bought any papers there that day but I have never seen such a large pile of unsold mirrors before either..

If they could only find a way to take control over my mobile to tell me all day non stop that philip had died they would.

Guest sibon
42 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Boris Johnson has always been dressed correctly when  officially representing the UK on the World stage. 

No words needed.

50 minutes ago, West 77 said:

However, he would have had a hair cut because covid-19 restrictions   are being lifted tomorrow and would have presented himself accordingly correct if he was attending the funeral.  Boris Johnson has always been dressed correctly when  officially representing the UK on the World stage. 

So what happened here when he addressed the UN on 2019 - pre covid. His hair was an awful mess then, as was his tie.

Edited by Longcol

22 minutes ago, Longcol said:

So what happened here when he addressed the UN on 2019 - pre covid. His hair was an awful mess then, as was his tie.

It's deliberate.

He does it on purpose, both for attention and so that he does not appear "elitist".

Same thing with the bumbling persona, it's very carefully choreographed.

Edited by Magilla

The BCC are getting loads if complaints ....how many?

Usually these storms of complaint run to hundreds ,makes a good headline for Murdock papers to slam the BBC

And the ever cynical DEFUNDTHEBBC crowd are critizing the BBC for allowing people to easily register a complaint about BBC coverage.

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, butlers said:

The BCC are getting loads if complaints ....how many?

Usually these storms of complaint run to hundreds ,makes a good headline for Murdock papers to slam the BBC

And the ever cynical DEFUNDTHEBBC crowd are critizing the BBC for allowing people to easily register a complaint about BBC coverage.

I’m very much not a defund the BBC person. But they’ve made a terrible mess of things over the last few days.

I have seen on another forum that this across the board coverage is part of the BBC charter,so they have no leeway.

If that is so then the governing powers should review and change it.

In this multichannel age it puts the BBC in an unnecessary bind

15 minutes ago, West 77 said:

What happened a few months later was that Boris Johnson won an eighty seat majority for the Tory party in the General Election.  

But obviously not "dressed correctly when  officially representing the UK on the World stage." as per your claim.