Prince Philip Has Died

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

The official Government advise since 29th March has been to stay local which is not the same as the instruction which was to stay at home when the vigil took place on Clapham Common.  Also crowds haven't gathered in one place like the number of people who gathered on Clapham Common which made it necessary for the police to ask them to disperse. 

I watch the coverage on BBC, ITV and SKY News and think they all have covered the historic event extremely well.  Like others have already stated I've also learnt much which I didn't know about Prince Philip over the last day.

Yes they have they've gathered outside Buckingham palace.

11 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Yes they have they've gathered outside Buckingham palace.

And how local are they?

19 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I’m also pleased that there are tribute programmes on TV.

I knew Prince Phillip was a war hero but I’ve learnt much more about this man today.

When I see all the tributes from all over the world, including one from Mr Putin, it makes you realise how popular the Monarchy is world wide.

I wouldn't have thought a eulogy from the Salisbury Poisoner was any great achievement...he was popular amongst Tsarist Russians because he was part of their Royal family.

The Bolsheviks should have done a more thorough job.

On 09/04/2021 at 15:30, cressida said:

Selflessly loyal to Queen and Country

R.I.P.

No he wasn't he had affairs behind the Queen's back with a author she wrote,

"The Birds"....

Nevermind I'm sure the propaganda machine will not mention that at all....

Sad that he's gone if you're a royalists....

I'm afraid I'm not...

9 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

As previous posters have stated, the TV coverage was a bit much but in my opinion this was a pure case of TV companies  competing against  each other probably  to earn the best  Queens approval and a few brownie points chucked in,   even tho he has done some shady deceitful things  over the years which were well documented at the time would not IMO be the done thing at this present time to re-ash but to make him out as some type of Saint was a bit OTT.  Oh! I would like to mention the TV serial, The Crown for drama purpose, did have some made up stuff but there were alot of well documented facts there too,  showing Phillips shady past.

Well said very shady indeed....

Rewriting history their good at that !!..

Edited by Box11

19 hours ago, steved32 said:

Absolutely spot on.  Let's hope when Queenie departs we'll get a holiday!

And PM slimeball playing the great statesman today ... Oh My God.

"I agree totally".....

23 hours ago, steved32 said:

Absolutely spot on.  Let's hope when Queenie departs we'll get a holiday!

And PM slimeball playing the great statesman today ... Oh My God.

It is being reported that Johnson, quite selflessly, has announced that he will no be attending the funeral so as to allow another member of the royal family to attend Philip's funeral

PM will not attend Prince Philip's funeral and will give up seat for a family member (msn.com)

More like he wasn't invited

8 hours ago, Mister M said:

It is being reported that Johnson, quite selflessly, has announced that he will no be attending the funeral so as to allow another member of the royal family to attend Philip's funeral

PM will not attend Prince Philip's funeral and will give up seat for a family member (msn.com)

More like he wasn't invited

And you know that - how?

36 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

And you know that - how?

I think only 30 are allowed to attend  and the Royals have a large family or it could be his ridiculous hair, I certainly wouldnt want someone who looks like a joke attending such a serious solom occaision.

Yes, there still are restrictions, so that is probably the reason. The 'hair' comment is a 'bad-taste' joke, surely ?

Edited by RollingJ

It is getting a bit much, now.

A third day with no Radio 4 Extra.

37 minutes ago, enntee said:

It is getting a bit much, now.

A third day with no Radio 4 Extra.

Agree the BBC has four wireless stations , so why not just one for Phillip news , not every

one is interested in the Royals .

Edited by cuttsie