Prince Philip Has Died

6 hours ago, El Cid said:

I thought it strange that the hospital would carry out a procedure on a 99 year old, surely too weak to go through the pain and stresss of an operation. In hindsight, certainly the wrong thing to do?

Likelihood is that they knew the procedure wasn't successful and they sent him home in that knowledge. 

3 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I won't miss him. It's a sad day for his family but for me, any death is a loss, his death is no greater loss than any other human.

In what way has he served his country any more than countless others who work every day. It's just work, however you choose to dress it up, and he and the other royals were and are handsomely rewarded for it.

Pretty much how I feel about this as well. Although it is right for the country to pay respects.

On Radio 1, Danny Howard is having to play house music in a quiet and respectful fashion. Bonkers.

As with any death it is a sad occasion for some.

It now gets interesting though.....

23 minutes ago, Delbow said:

On Radio 1, Danny Howard is having to play house music in a quiet and respectful fashion. Bonkers.

It's completely over the top to devote so many channels to it but the BBC will be criticised whatever they do. I bet someone has complained that they continued broadcasting CBBC and CBeebies as normal.

14 minutes ago, apelike said:

As with any death it is a sad occasion for some.

It now gets interesting though.....

Go on, don't be shy, do tell how it's going to get interesting 😎

3 hours ago, janie48 said:

RIP Prince Philip.

Sad news, but not a great shock knowing how ill  he was.

GIad to hear there are tribute programmes on TV paying him respect.

I’m also pleased that there are tribute programmes on TV.

I knew Prince Phillip was a war hero but I’ve learnt much more about this man today.

When I see all the tributes from all over the world, including one from Mr Putin, it makes you realise how popular the Monarchy is world wide.

46 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Go on, don't be shy, do tell how it's going to get interesting 😎

Either the poster refers to possible skeletons coming out of the cupboard or that the Queen may no longer wish to reign- her consort,  companion, rock etc for 73 years has gone.

6 hours ago, whiteowl said:

It's ridiculous - why does it have to be on so many channels. Every sympathy with the family but this is overkill.

Absolutely spot on.  Let's hope when Queenie departs we'll get a holiday!

And PM slimeball playing the great statesman today ... Oh My God.

Guest makapaka

I never speak ill of the dead.

he meant something to someone.

the reaction is ridiculous though -  none of us knew him or knew what he was like - we only hear from the media or what see in made up programmes like the crown etc.

At the end of the day a very privileged old man at the age of 99 has died.

It’s a shame but  a lot of other older people die - every day - for whatever reason - and you don’t hear owt about a any of em.

Nice to see David Icke has joined the forum.

46 minutes ago, butlers said:

Nice to see David Icke has joined the forum.

That's the trouble with posting stuff.  You might have not caught on to the first part of my post to MJ01  - "I didn't think the pubs were open until Monday?" but just jumped in?   Have a re-read of my post again, sloooowly. 

Go look at some of the stupid comments, that some of the unintelligent sheep believe because what's posted on the Internet. 

Apparently, Philip was a secret Nazi sympathiser due to heritage(?) is one of the few things I could post on here without SF banning me.  I'm surmising some juvenile mind has heard today that his great-great grandfather, (Prince Albert), was a German, so as we all know, all Germans are related to Hitler?  (Even though he was Austrian.  That'll have a few running to to the internet to check). 

The Internet has a lot to answer for but so does some people's intelligence. 

Edited by Baron99