Prince Philip Has Died

Been reported Prince Philip has died aged99

RIP. He did a lot of good work for the country. Reached a good age.

When I saw him leaving hospital I thought he looked shocking and wouldn’t live much longer this is a sad day.

Sad news.   Good job we had men like him during the Second World War.  A brave man who served the country with distinction and saved many lives.

My thoughts are with The Queen.  

RIP.

RIP Prince philip! the guest list at the funeral will be interesting ?lets see if Harry and "its Me Again" markel turn up oh is that the pages of the excuse manual i hear?

Outstanding public servant  who did over 21,000 public engagements and inspired two hugely regarded public charities.

A life well lived.

RIP

Very sad for the family.

However having listened to Radio 4 and 5,and looking at the TV schedules for the rest of the day the coverage seems excessive to me.

No doubt the royal reporters and biographers will be queuing up for their interviews.

1 hour ago, hobinfoot said:

When I saw him leaving hospital I thought he looked shocking and wouldn’t live much longer this is a sad day.

I thought it strange that the hospital would carry out a procedure on a 99 year old, surely too weak to go through the pain and stresss of an operation. In hindsight, certainly the wrong thing to do?

My mum is 99 and she's still having procedures. I don't think they would risk anything involving general anaesthetic though with anyone that age.

Guest sibon
43 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Very sad for the family.

However having listened to Radio 4 and 5,and looking at the TV schedules for the rest of the day the coverage seems excessive to me.

No doubt the royal reporters and biographers will be queuing up for their interviews.

The BBC are currently showing the same coverage on four different tv channels. Surely one would suffice. 

A ridiculous over-reaction to a sad, but hardly unexpected event.

Now he is finaly

1 minute ago, sibon said:

The BBC are currently showing the same coverage on four different tv channels. Surely one would suffice. 

Never mind they stopped playing music on BBC radio X, 1 and 6 and talk non stop about Phillip. Those listeners will not appreciate this.

7 minutes ago, sibon said:

You'll be OK now Countdown is on channel 4 don't miss it, :gag: