Vhs-C Tapes To Usb

I want to transfer three VHS-C tapes onto a USB stick. Does anyone in Sheff provide this service? Any idea on prices?

Cheers

Jessops at Meadowhall would be worth trying

I did this myself recently. Using 3 components...

1. VHS-c to VHS adapter. around £20.

2. VHS player. borrowed from friend.

3. Video capture device. around £60 on eBay (used).

I resold 1 and 3 after converting my videos. So minimal costs. Process of converting a bit time consuming, but didn’t want to trust tapes to strangers.

No idea on costs of using a service,

20 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

USB capture devices are dirt cheap now.  I paid £20 for a Tevion one from Aldi years ago which was fine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VHS-VCR-to-Digital-Converter-USB-2-0-Video-Capture-Card-for-XP-Vista-Wind-7-8-10/254857952919

I used an Elgato Game Capture HD. Also tried a cheap Chinese video capture device (very similar to one you linked), I got  VERY poor results (which prompted me to splurge on the Elgato).

Edited by Waldo

I have a vhs player hooked up to a DVD recorder, and with another step could make a video file on a stick. If you can supply the vhs c adapter I can do this at about £10 per tape.

6 hours ago, Waldo said:

I did this myself recently. Using 3 components...

1. VHS-c to VHS adapter. around £20.

2. VHS player. borrowed from friend.

3. Video capture device. around £60 on eBay (used).

I resold 1 and 3 after converting my videos. So minimal costs. Process of converting a bit time consuming, but didn’t want to trust tapes to strangers.

No idea on costs of using a service,

I have an adapter and a vhs player - whats the video capture device you mention above? Can you give some more details please?

3 hours ago, Norbert said:

I have a vhs player hooked up to a DVD recorder, and with another step could make a video file on a stick. If you can supply the vhs c adapter I can do this at about £10 per tape.

That sounds reasonable Norbert, 

message me your details please.

On 09/04/2021 at 14:22, Norbert said:

I can recommend Rob above. I gave him the tapes on Saturday afternoon and they were completed by Sunday afternoon. Great job, thanks Rob

👍

10 hours ago, wadsleyblade said:

I can recommend Rob above. I gave him the tapes on Saturday afternoon and they were completed by Sunday afternoon. Great job, thanks Rob

👍

Cheers WadsleyBlade, it was a pleasure dealing with you. If anyone else on here needs VHS transfers let me know. I also do Cassettes, Minidisks, photographic negatives, slides...

On 09/04/2021 at 11:15, wadsleyblade said:

I want to transfer three VHS-C tapes onto a USB stick. Does anyone in Sheff provide this service? Any idea on prices?

Cheers

Harrisons Camera's on London Road do this. I had some done recently.

21 hours ago, Norbert said:

Cheers WadsleyBlade, it was a pleasure dealing with you. If anyone else on here needs VHS transfers let me know. I also do Cassettes, Minidisks, photographic negatives, slides...

What about Super 8 cine film?? I have some that need doing (but I'm not in Sheffield or even close!!!)