Hillsborough Corner

No access to Hillsborough corner via Bradfield Road or Owlerton Green from Penistone due to road works.

4 hours ago, alexander874 said:

No access to Hillsborough corner via Bradfield Road or Owlerton Green from Penistone due to road works.

Thanks for the information as I shall be going down there tomorrow.

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

Thanks for the information as I shall be going down there tomorrow.

Still no access from Penistone Road , traffic very heavy around Bradfield Road.

1 hour ago, alexander874 said:

Still no access from Penistone Road , traffic very heavy around Bradfield Road.

Bradfield Road now fully open.

Couldn't believe the number of cars that ignored the signage, went up Bradfield Road, then found they couldn't go any further and had to turn round in the garage.

How can you pass 3 warning signs and think they don't apply to you.

Came down Walkley lane to Holme Lane this morning.

There's a sign .......... road will be closed for 5 days from 12th April.

I presume they are referring to the one way bridge.

On 08/04/2021 at 20:05, alexander874 said:

How can you pass 3 warning signs and think they don't apply to you.

Self-entitlement. 

I drive large vehicles around Sheffield and the number of drivers that fail to give way or try to force their way through when I have priority is ridiculous. 2 main ones, taxis and women in small cars who seem to think their 1ton Fiat will win against 13+ton in a collision.

9 hours ago, Resident said:

Self-entitlement. 

I drive large vehicles around Sheffield and the number of drivers that fail to give way or try to force their way through when I have priority is ridiculous. 2 main ones, taxis and women in small cars who seem to think their 1ton Fiat will win against 13+ton in a collision.

School run mams are a blinking menace , they seem blind to all other road users , they are even worse when the little angel has been delivered to within six inches of the school gate where those pretty double yellow lines are .

I can't comment on these particular signs, not having been to Hillsborough recently, but in general a "road ahead closed" sign almost invariably refers to a side road at some point ahead that you will not be able to turn onto. So you carry on, and only about 1 time in 100 does it then turn into a "road closed" and you have to do a U turn. I wish they had some sort of separate "side road ahead closed" sign or similar.

The signage was poor to be fair, was no indication from Penistone Road until you got to the roundabout on Bradfield Road.