Back From The Sf Abyss

I'd like to welcome back all the banned members.

Just out of curiosity, what happens when your banned?

Are you destined for Dusty Bin, put in a very cramped room 101, or just dumped on Elland Rd.

Do you get adequate food, medical supplies, visits from friends and family etc.

It must have been awful, anyway enjoy your liberation and freedom.

I  started a new account and some clever so and so ( you know who you are ) reported me and got me banned again .  Some mardy bums on here 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I  started a new account and some clever so and so ( you know who you are ) reported me and got me banned again .  Some mardy bums on here 

A friend of mine had a similar experience, he was taken in on a weekly basis by the ex-mods and interrogated.

He was put under a spotlight, and was read the latest posts on the Labour, Conservative, and Brexit threads.

When he fell asleep, they banned him.

48 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

I got banned for inserting  some Russian script. Something which had been done lots of times before. When I brought it to the attention of the new owners they re-instated me straight away. And in a very nice way. Thank you.

The new owners seem great. I was able to rejoin but with a slightly different spelling on my username. I emailed them and asked if there was any way I could keep the new account but have my old username back. 

Quick as a flash it was changed for me and I was emailed by them to tell me. 

I genuinely have a great feeling about SF. Just to be treated as an adult and not a naughty school kid is huge breath of fresh air. 

The previous owners were far too over zealous, there were probably more people on the banned list than actual users, if it was a life ban you couldn't even read the forum either which seems a little self defeating.

35 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The previous owners were far too over zealous, there were probably more people on the banned list than actual users, if it was a life ban you couldn't even read the forum either which seems a little self defeating.

Someone posted the number of banned users the other day. 

It was Over 9000 😂

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Someone posted the number of banned users the other day. 

It was Over 9000 😂

Seriously ! 

Unbelievable.

41 minutes ago, Padders said:

Seriously ! 

Unbelievable.

In all fairness that figure actually  includes 1000s and 1000s of spammers and spam bots (there’s been at least 2 every day lately) plus the trolls that have opened account after account etc, its not just individual posters. 

Edited by nikki-red

Guest makapaka

I think it would be good if people let bygones be bygones - the same as the forum has done.

not digging people out for past.

42 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

In all fairness that figure actually  includes 1000s and 1000s of spammers and spam bots (there’s been at least 2 every day lately) plus the trolls that have opened account after account etc, its not just individual posters. 

I never considered stuff like bots. At 2 a day it wouldn't take long to inflate the banned number considerably. 

Thanks for that 🙏

38 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I think it would be good if people let bygones be bygones - the same as the forum has done.

not digging people out for past.

100% Agree. 

I've probably contributed a bit too much to this thread so I'll leave it alone now. 

I'll finish by saying Im so happy to be back as my original username. I'll stay well within the rules and do my bit to help Sheffield Forum grow and prosper. 

The_DADDY 😊

Please behave yourself on the Sheffield football section, always a good read, but sometimes I despair !!