Back From The Sf Abyss

1 hour ago, geared said:

There's new owners now?

Yes... and a change of direction regarding the thought police.

On 07/04/2021 at 02:05, DUFFEMS said:

Mr Duffems is also pleased to be reading the banter on here, we come as a matching pair, like salt and pepper, Laurel and Hardy, fish and chips, chalk and cheese, maybe not that but, you get the gist. We're like a pair of tree penguins, rare and unique.

Regards,

Duffems

Eyup Duffems.  How are you diddling?

On 19/04/2021 at 22:45, kidneystone said:

Yes... and a change of direction regarding the thought police.

In all honestly, that change was well needed. The forum has a set of rules that are clear and well defined, so to have moderators banning people and locking and deleting threads as they worked to their own personal set of rules was frankly a farce. 

'Take it to the helpdesk' should no longer be the last post on a thread on SF anymore - hopefully.

I've spotted some of the most fragile posters who tried to report people all the time no longer seem to be active since the change in ownership. This is also a good thing; this isn't 2003 anymore and an internet forum needs new blood and new posts to keep it alive, the previous cliquey environment wasn't welcoming in any form.

9 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

In all honestly, that change was well needed. The forum has a set of rules that are clear and well defined, so to have moderators banning people and locking and deleting threads as they worked to their own personal set of rules was frankly a farce. 

'Take it to the helpdesk' should no longer be the last post on a thread on SF anymore - hopefully.

I've spotted some of the most fragile posters who tried to report people all the time no longer seem to be active since the change in ownership. This is also a good thing; this isn't 2003 anymore and an internet forum needs new blood and new posts to keep it alive, the previous cliquey environment wasn't welcoming in any form.

Nail.... 

Head.... 

Smashed it 😁

As a sign of the times, this thread would have been locked by now back in 2016

On 19/07/2021 at 19:24, denlin said:

Eyup Duffems.  How are you diddling?

Eeyup denlin,

We're very well thank you, how are you two?

I look on here several times a day but, I rarely post nowadays, nothing to say on any of the subjects and, I don't like arguments!

I still enjoy the ex pats section and the memories the posts evoke.

I first found SF way back when I was doing my family history Norton/Aspinall/ Goodison lines over 16 years ago.

Lovely to see your name again, no longer see Alcoblog etc. though, maybe gone over to FB of which I don't subscribe.

Regards,

Duffems

I haven’t got the foggiest why I get banned and neither does the moderator who let me back on here, it seems some of us were very harshly treated by the old regime.

Edited by websters gue

10 hours ago, websters gue said:

I haven’t got the foggiest why I get banned and neither does the moderator who let me back on here, it seems some of us were very harshly treated by the old regime.

You probably (innocently enough like most of us) typed some "hurty words" that offended a snowflake.

5 hours ago, Martin C said:

You probably (innocently enough like most of us) typed some "hurty words" that offended a snowflake.

Leave Crookesey out of this!

Edited by HeHasRisen

On 23/07/2021 at 16:02, the_bloke said:

I got sick and tired of threads getting closed just because posters were "bickering."

What's wrong with bickering?  most people enjoy a good bicker and most people get the popcorn out and watch a good bicker on forums like this; so long as no one is swearing or using threatening language its all good, it's all juicy web traffic for the owners.

There was always the ignore feature, but far too often the nuclear option of closing the thread or banning posters was used. Certain mods were drunk with power and it almost killed this forum.

Edited by HumbleNarrator

17 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I got sick and tired of threads getting closed just because posters were "bickering."

What's wrong with bickering?  most people enjoy a good bicker and most people get the popcorn out and watch a good bicker on forums like this; so long as no one is swearing or using threatening language its all good, it's all juicy web traffic for the owners.

There was always the ignore feature, but far too often the nuclear option of closing the thread or banning posters was used. Certain mods were drunk with power and it almost killed this forum.

Hmmm... :huh:

Cue the music... :hihi: