Back From The Sf Abyss

Don't worry Yosemite, I was a forum member for 16 years before I received a warning, you'll be alreight.

Regards,

Duffems

2 minutes ago, DUFFEMS said:

Don't worry Yosemite, I was a forum member for 16 years before I received a warning, you'll be alreight.

Regards,

Duffems

Nice to make your acquaintance, but if you don't hear from me again, you'll know why.

3 hours ago, ab6262 said:

Hello to old and new adversaries , anyone else taken advantage of the new SF amnesty? this was the first one of my incarnations back in 2008 that got banned and i still dont know what for? anyway back to raising a glass next week hopefully on monday, look forward to some discussion and some banter like the old days.

I didn't realise SF are having an amnesty! 

Good news. I look forward to enjoying a good natter with Sues_Budgie, Ladondole, Green Web, Happ Hazard (who from memory was from Chesterfield) and dear old Xenia. The Forum just hasn't been the same without them !

Be good to hear from Rich365 and Chem1st too.

Edited by Mister M

6 hours ago, ab6262 said:

Hello to old and new adversaries , anyone else taken advantage of the new SF amnesty? this was the first one of my incarnations back in 2008 that got banned and i still dont know what for? anyway back to raising a glass next week hopefully on monday, look forward to some discussion and some banter like the old days.

I rejoined last week under a new username after a previous ban for reasons unknown - I’m glad I did - it seems much quieter but maybe people rejoining will perk things up a bit.

I really had no idea how many of us were banned/on warnings.

I actually had a complex about it because I couldn't believe at my age I'd misbehaved or upset someone on here, just not my style, it bothered me to think I had done wrong.

Anyway, it's in the past now so I'm looking forward to being able to post as well as reading everyone's posts on here.

Let's hope that the Forum picks up momentum and many more that have been on the naughty step return to the fold.

Regards,

Duffems

7 hours ago, ab6262 said:

have got a long list of banned names! for a bit of fun will list them soon.

it would be nice to see back people like boy friday, chris sleeps, penistone99 and loads of others i cant remember, will look back on old threads.

Hello ab6262,

Unless we actually know the member, or are in touch online, how do we know they were banned?

I mean, some members   that  were regular  posters may have just stopped using the forum. Some may have passed away?

For example I have not see anything from Pete Morris for quite a while. I used to like reading his posts. I think he was actually one of the mods. 

Re. Penistone99, absolutely love the old git, but from what I recall his health was pretty poor. Would be wonderful to see how he is doing if he is still around. 

23 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

Re. Penistone99, absolutely love the old git, but from what I recall his health was pretty poor. Would be wonderful to see how he is doing if he is still around. 

Actually it's Penistone999

So did I.     Hope he's ok.

Come back Penistone999.

20 minutes ago, francypants said:

Actually it's Penistone999

So did I.     Hope he's ok.

Come back Penistone999.

I also liked Penny, straight John Bull.

Blimey I never knew so many poster's were banned, seems there coming back in droves..

I hope these ex-naughty boys/girls appreciate the Forum is now an intelligent, educational place.

We don't want any hilarity, flirting, cavorting.

Please try to post sensibly.

The Sheffield Football section tended to get a bit OTT at times, some of those folks deserved to be banned, no names mentioned !

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Very  happy to be back 

oh no