Back From The Sf Abyss

Hello to old and new adversaries , anyone else taken advantage of the new SF amnesty? this was the first one of my incarnations back in 2008 that got banned and i still dont know what for? anyway back to raising a glass next week hopefully on monday, look forward to some discussion and some banter like the old days.

20 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

Hello to old and new adversaries , anyone else taken advantage of the new SF amnesty? this was the first one of my incarnations back in 2008 that got banned and i still dont know what for? anyway back to raising a glass next week hopefully on monday, look forward to some discussion and some banter like the old days.

Hello there welcome back things have changed a bit now my first thoughts are it’s been for the better.

8 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Hello there welcome back things have changed a bit now my first thoughts are it’s been for the better.

Hi there , yes it seems so lets hope so.

39 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I just had a thought!

I don't recognise your 'first incarnation' - you probably got banned before I joined. ;)

This made me think - I wonder if there are going to be lots more posters like yourself that have been reincarnated several times?

The reason I'm wondering is because I'm sure many of us have grown to 'like' specific 'characters' over the years and have looked forward to their contributions. A lot of us will probably be hoping that these characters will soon return to the forum - but it might be that they are already here under a different guise!

I'm not sure where I'm going with this really - other than maybe suggesting that returning posters might like to 'volunteer' to make their previous much-loved characters public so that we can all once again follow our favourites.

I totally understand if posters would prefer not to do this though - it was just a thought... :)

I'd imagine many of the characters who were banned  (like Kirky) have moved on now. 

Its going to take a lot more than welcoming old banned members back to resurrect the forum, they've had their day.

27 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

... I just had a thought!

I don't recognise your 'first incarnation' - you probably got banned before I joined. ;)

This made me think - I wonder if there are going to be lots more posters like yourself that have been reincarnated several times?

The reason I'm wondering is because I'm sure many of us have grown to 'like' specific 'characters' over the years and have looked forward to their contributions. A lot of us will probably be hoping that these characters will soon return to the forum - but it might be that they are already here under a different guise!

I'm not sure where I'm going with this really - other than maybe suggesting that returning posters might like to 'volunteer' to make their previous much-loved characters public so that we can all once again follow our favourites.

I totally understand if posters would prefer not to do this though - it was just a thought... :)

have got a long list of banned names! for a bit of fun will list them soon.

it would be nice to see back people like boy friday, chris sleeps, penistone99 and loads of others i cant remember, will look back on old threads.

Edited by ab6262

28 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

I'd imagine many of the characters who were banned  (like Kirky) have moved on now. 

Its going to take a lot more than welcoming old banned members back to resurrect the forum, they've had their day.

... I'm a bit confused as to why you think forums have 'had their day'.

While I appreciate that folk these days generally have the attention span of a goldfish and don't want to read anything that contains more than one sentence (preferably of words of single syllable), I think there's still lots of us who prefer a bit of a 'story' to keep the old grey matter ticking over.

Is there any real difference between a (well run) local forum and a page on bookface? :confused:

8 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

have got a long list of banned names! for a bit of fun will list them soon.

it would be nice to see back people like boy friday, chris sleeps, penistone99 and loads of others i cant remember, will look back on old threads.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Its a good start though. The forum already seems a bit busier.

Heyup,

I'm well and truly back having been banned just the once in January this year having joined in 2005, that's a long time without a ban and, I only asked a question.

I wouldn't accept the warning so I couldn't post but, due to the amnesty I'm allowed back.

The old posters may not come back but, I remember them with fondness, Alcoblog, curriechic, Mr.Bloke (always had me in stitches!), Denlin, Boy Friday, penistone99 etc.

I initially joined in 2005 asking about Heeley/Meersbrook (hence my Duffems name) to find family whilst doing my family history, when I saw some of the other posts I decided to stay and enjoy the banter mainly by posters such as rossyrooney(sadly no longer with us). We could have done with some witty posts this last year.

I still look on here several times daily but, obviously haven't been able to post until today.

Regards,

Duffems

20 minutes ago, DUFFEMS said:

Heyup,

I'm well and truly back having been banned just the once in January this year having joined in 2005, that's a long time without a ban and, I only asked a question.

I wouldn't accept the warning so I couldn't post but, due to the amnesty I'm allowed back.

The old posters may not come back but, I remember them with fondness, Alcoblog, curriechic, Mr.Bloke (always had me in stitches!), Denlin, Boy Friday, penistone99 etc.

I initially joined in 2005 asking about Heeley/Meersbrook (hence my Duffems name) to find family whilst doing my family history, when I saw some of the other posts I decided to stay and enjoy the banter mainly by posters such as rossyrooney(sadly no longer with us). We could have done with some witty posts this last year.

I still look on here several times daily but, obviously haven't been able to post until today.

Regards,

Duffems

Hey up Mrs Duffer! :wave:

Welcome buck - let's hoop the fin is a boot two return to the forum.

Wee all kneed a good goggle!

(Hmmm... That's not what I wrote!) :huh:

Mr Duffems is also pleased to be reading the banter on here, we come as a matching pair, like salt and pepper, Laurel and Hardy, fish and chips, chalk and cheese, maybe not that but, you get the gist. We're like a pair of tree penguins, rare and unique.

Regards,

Duffems

I'm expecting to be banned any minute (see my contribution under "Vaccine Stats"). I only joined on Friday but I guarantee I won't last long!