Behaviour Modification Using Hypnosis

Greetings good folk of Sheffield forum.

Has anyone ever had hypnotherapy? Did it work? Was it expensive? Is it all a load of rubbish?

Any opinions on this would be very helpful.

Ta in advance 🙂

40 minutes ago, The-DADDY said:

Greetings good folk of Sheffield forum.

Has anyone ever had hypnotherapy? Did it work? Was it expensive? Is it all a load of rubbish?

Any opinions on this would be very helpful.

Ta in advance 🙂

Ive not tried it only on YouTube for relaxation. To go to a real hypnotherapist is quite expensive so I’m told.

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Ive not tried it only on YouTube for relaxation. To go to a real hypnotherapist is quite expensive so I’m told.

Is this another shot at trying to pull George Clooney?

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

No its a genuine question although im intrigued, ill be Googling George Clooney as soon as im done here now 😄

15 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Youtube is really good for that. I do it myself sometimes and I did look there to see if I could find anything to point me in the right direction but I decided to bite the bullet and look for some proper therapy. A few people mentioned Hypnotherapy so I thought id see if anyone here had any recommendations and or experience of it.

It may help if im a little clearer in what im looking for.

I want to see if there is a way to get to the root of and possibly change a certain and very specific type of behaviour with regard to emotions. Counselling didnt work (she just clammed up every time) so I got talking with a few people and some suggested the hypnotherapy as being good at getting to deep rooted problems. Its kind of a last throw at the dice if you will.

I tried it years ago, and it didn't work for me. That's not to say it never works. Some people are more easily influenced by suggestion.

8 hours ago, The-DADDY said:

Youtube is really good for that. I do it myself sometimes and I did look there to see if I could find anything to point me in the right direction but I decided to bite the bullet and look for some proper therapy. A few people mentioned Hypnotherapy so I thought id see if anyone here had any recommendations and or experience of it.

It may help if im a little clearer in what im looking for.

I want to see if there is a way to get to the root of and possibly change a certain and very specific type of behaviour with regard to emotions. Counselling didnt work (she just clammed up every time) so I got talking with a few people and some suggested the hypnotherapy as being good at getting to deep rooted problems. Its kind of a last throw at the dice if you will.

I do think she needs something more than councelling or hypnotherapy. This would be on a one to one basis and would be more like a professional psychoanalysist. If this is through the health service there will be a long waiting list especially after the Coronavirus is over.

8 hours ago, Longcol said:

I’ve given up on Mr.Clooney now he’s married.! 

I had a number of sessions delivered by a trained medical practitioner.

Yes it worked for me.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

..............  If this is through the health service there will be a long waiting list especially after the Coronavirus is over.

GP could well recommend a suitable therapist that may give a private consultation. I'm guessing around £100?

14 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

Yes it worked for me.

Did you have to pay ?

if you are easily influenced by others or are easily led then i am sure you will think you are hypnotised or put into a trance of some sort. if it helps people then nothing wrong with it.

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

I do think she needs something more than councelling or hypnotherapy. This would be on a one to one basis and would be more like a professional psychoanalysist. If this is through the health service there will be a long waiting list especially after the Coronavirus is over.

I’ve given up on Mr.Clooney now he’s married.! 

Thanks for that Patricia Ill add psychoanalyst to the list and start looking. 🙂 

4 hours ago, petemcewan said:

Yes it worked for me.

Great stuff. Do you mind if i ask who you used please?

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

I tried it years ago, and it didn't work for me. That's not to say it never works. Some people are more easily influenced by suggestion.

Thanks for your reply Anna. Im hoping she is one of the easier to influence type of people (seems strange to say that lol) because tbh im running out of ideas.