Building Trade Lads - Using A Pointing Gun

Just re hashed a fireplace opening and attached brick slips to the walls.

Now for the pointing !!

A problem, the mortar mix in the gun is hardening too quickly, would a plasticising solution help ?

Just watched YouTube,some good advice on there.

Using plasticiser in mortar mix would appear to be more than useful

Use a brick jointer, you shouldn’t need a gun for brick slips. I did the external insulation on one of my shops and covered it with brick slips and did all the pointing using one= 

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/am-tech-brick-jointer-553981370?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl5DCzNTq7wIVievtCh0tHgeqEAQYAyABEgI9IPD_BwE

plasticiser in the mortar mix does help when using a mortar gun.

56 minutes ago, mafya said:

Use a brick jointer, you shouldn’t need a gun for brick slips. I did the external insulation on one of my shops and covered it with brick slips and did all the pointing using one= 

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/am-tech-brick-jointer-553981370?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl5DCzNTq7wIVievtCh0tHgeqEAQYAyABEgI9IPD_BwE

plasticiser in the mortar mix does help when using a mortar gun.

I gone very low tech and use a small off cut from a hose pipe! When pointing 

Platisicer is a must in any bwk.  We put a drop of fairy liquid in water and i mean a drop to half bucket water just as good different sand red and grey  can be nightmare with out it

2 hours ago, spider1 said:

Platisicer is a must in any bwk.  We put a drop of fairy liquid in water and i mean a drop to half bucket water just as good different sand red and grey  can be nightmare with out it

When I was in a brickie gang that was all we used to use and just as good as well.