Queens Park Rangers V Sheffield Wed

There were a good few unfair decisions against us, coupled with bad misses at important times. I reckon we played well, and on balance it wasn't a 4-1 game, far from it.

Their first goal was not 'brilliant' as the commentator said. If he meant it, it was, but in fact, he headed it roughly in the right direction, and it turned out to be perfectly in the right direction. Anything other than perfect would have been a great try. Uroghide was incredibly unlucky with the own goal. The fourth goal wouldn't have happened if our chances/half chances had been put away.

Overall, we did well. I'm well happy with the way we played.

It was way, way better than we produced for the majority of the season.

It's horrible when luck, deflections and decisions go against you.

I won't criticise them for today.

None of 'em deserve it.

why are we tired ?why can we not win if we play more than one game per week? well 3 home games now ,so its do or down.

10 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

There were a good few unfair decisions against us, coupled with bad misses at important times. I reckon we played well, and on balance it wasn't a 4-1 game, far from it.

Their first goal was not 'brilliant' as the commentator said. If he meant it, it was, but in fact, he headed it roughly in the right direction, and it turned out to be perfectly in the right direction. Anything other than perfect would have been a great try. Uroghide was incredibly unlucky with the own goal. The fourth goal wouldn't have happened if our chances/half chances had been put away.

None of 'em deserve it.

Not all bad then, at least they played well but when your at the bottom decisions rarely go for you. See what Swansea brings.

As the saying goes, taking part is more important than winning

I'll say one thing for you Wednesdayites, reading the messages on here, you're nothing if not optimistic, glass half full types.

Good luck for the remaining games.

Lets be real here, the Thunderbirds couldn't save us from relegation.

3 minutes ago, dan2802 said:

Lets be real here, the Thunderbirds couldn't save us from relegation.

😂😂😂😂. Virgil is a Blade anyway.

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

None of 'em deserve it.

Just watched the highlights on Quest.

Admittedly only the highlights, but from what I saw, very poor performance.

Wednesday struggled with QPRs pace and movement,at times youd thought they had an extra man their movement going forward was that good,but at 1-1 Windass spurned a good chance.

A cruel deflection saw Wednesday fall behind,and then a very debateable decision for handball and a certain sending off was missed by the officials,Wednesday were then floored when Tom Lees for the 2nd time in the game lost Dykes in the box and it was game over,Rhodes couldnt get over the ball enough to reduce the arrears.

Wednesday struggled defensively all game,but Lees wont be happy with his contribution yesterday,although its Wildsmith carrying the blame,he was left very exposed.

After the last game who would have thought we would be on the end of a result like this. Always in the game but  very poor defending.

17 hours ago, Padders said:

Just watched the highlights on Quest.

Admittedly only the highlights, but from what I saw, very poor performance.

No-one got close to Dykes for their first. His was among the most fortunate goals you'll ever see. He didn't have a clue really.

The 2nd was the slightest of slight deflections that wrong footed Wildsmith (still should have saved it, I reckon).

The third was blatant poor defending and, to me was a goal we deserved to give away. The fourth was very easy for them, but wouldn't have been had it been 1-1 or 2-2 or summat. The highlights didn't show any poor refereeing decisions. VAR would have had a birthday. Rhodes failed to contact with the goal gaping, from around 8 Metres. I don't think the highlights showed that either.

As said earlier, Windass should have done better with another chance. Maybe that was shown.

IF, we had finished better and IF the Ref/Linos had seen things better than they did, it wouldn't have been 4-1. We may not even have lost.

The commentator did say (at 3-1 or 4-1) that Wednesday hadn't played badly by any stretch. There wasn't a 3 goal difference between them. On reflection, we deserved better.

I said earlier in the season and I've said a dozen times, we need 3 new Goalkeepers. 

However, I'm not blaming the result on the officials. None were easy spots, except maybe the assault on Palmer.

I don't want VAR, that's for sure.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

2 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I said earlier in the season and I've said a dozen times, we need 3 new Goalkeepers. 

Absolutely !!!   A top goalkeeper makes all the difference when margins are so tight.

Wednesday would still be struggling with a top goalie, but certainly not in the mess their in at the moment.