Sage And Onion Yorkshire Pudding?

Does anyone have a recipe for sage and onion Yorkshire pudding. My nan used to do it. Yeh I know it contains sage and onion, but in what quantities and method of cooking? Hope you can help!!! Thank you.

Edited by sedith
spelling mistake, sorry

13 minutes ago, sedith said:

•  
Edited by Prettytom

I can remember my aunt making a sage and onion Yorkshire pudding.  She didn’t weigh the ingredients it was all guess work.   She would put flour in the basin, gradually work in two beaten eggs, then whisk in milk and water, mix until the batter was as thick as single cream, then add one chopped onion and a teaspoon of dried sage.  It alway tasted nice.  

Paxo sage and onion stuffing mix. Sprinkle about a  table spoon full  then mix well leave to stand for about an hour the mix will become quite thick  thin it down with milk or cream and bingo sage and onion yorkies

On 04/04/2021 at 23:30, sedith said:

Does anyone have a recipe for sage and onion Yorkshire pudding. My nan used to do it. Yeh I know it contains sage and onion, but in what quantities and method of cooking? Hope you can help!!! Thank you.

My Mum did it by eye .. As has already been posted. I think same with Sage and Onion, put in to taste ?  We called it "Mucky Pudding" !!😂

My old mum also used to regularly make this. She always  called it "seasoned pudding", but I've also heard it called "mucky pudding" too.  She'd just make normal Yorkshire pudding batter, then add a  load of thinly sliced onion plus a sprinkle of dried sage and a sprinkle of dried thyme.  For some reason, she only ever made this when we had roast chicken - but I also like it with roast pork - or when making toad-in-the-hole.

4 minutes ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

My old mum also used to regularly make this. She always  called it "seasoned pudding", but I've also heard it called "mucky pudding" too.  She'd just make normal Yorkshire pudding batter, then add a  load of thinly sliced onion plus a sprinkle of dried sage and a sprinkle of dried thyme.  For some reason, she only ever made this when we had roast chicken - but I also like it with roast pork - or when making toad-in-the-hole.

Yes, my mum called it seasoned pudding. We only ever had it with pork, never beef or lamb. We probably did have it with chicken, but what with that being a once a year event, the memory’s a bit hazy, lol.

Hi, I still make seasoned yorkshire pudding, it is as quoted above , sage, and onion.

Instead of chopping a small onion, we have always grated the onion in, this makes it cook better and not have hardish uncooked onion.