Having Keys Cut

Is there anywhere in town I'll be able to get some keys cut this week?

Thanks

Timpsons, Atkinsons or just out of town (Shalesmoor) is Harrolds. 

2 hours ago, alarmingmark said:

Definitely harrolds on shalesmoor ....

2 hours ago, alarmingmark said:

Definitely harrolds on shalesmoor ....

Harolds cut or repair any  key or lock was one at  darnall  think he ran away with a woman 

Edited by spider1

23 hours ago, Grahamfff said:

Is there anywhere in town I'll be able to get some keys cut this week?

Thanks

Aren't they classed as 'key' workers?

On 05/04/2021 at 15:39, sedith said:

Aren't they classed as 'key' workers?

And sedith wins Sheffield Forum today 🤣

On 04/04/2021 at 16:40, Rollypolly said:

Timpsons, Atkinsons or just out of town (Shalesmoor) is Harrolds. 

I avoid Timpsons like the plague these days. My house has high security locks fitted (came with the new doors). The locks came with 2 cut keys (per lock) and 2 uncut. 

I wanted to get a front door cut to give to a family member & went to Timpsons who promptly informed me, this is a direct quote from the manager

"We're not insured to cut keys"

Which branch was that? If they have the machine, they have the insurance - and hopefully, the competence.

14 hours ago, Resident said:

I avoid Timpsons like the plague these days. My house has high security locks fitted (came with the new doors). The locks came with 2 cut keys (per lock) and 2 uncut. 

I wanted to get a front door cut to give to a family member & went to Timpsons who promptly informed me, this is a direct quote from the manager

"We're not insured to cut keys"

Probably reason is all  modern keys especially those coming with  a new door are specials that they put in so  that you cant copy them . The door fitters give you a phone number for key suppliers and you have a key number that you tell them . I just had 2 new  doors came with 3 keys each door .  I had to phone up and i ordered another 6  that cost about 6 pounds each  no bother they all work .    You can change lock if you want and get a cheap lock that doesnt reqire specials sign of the times i suppose

I've had new uPVC doors fitted front and back in the last 3 years - in both cases, they came with 3 keys each, and a 'credit-card' which contained the codes for anyone with the right machinery to make me copies - never had a problem.

3 hours ago, spider1 said:

Probably reason is all  modern keys especially those coming with  a new door are specials that they put in so  that you cant copy them . The door fitters give you a phone number for key suppliers and you have a key number that you tell them . I just had 2 new  doors came with 3 keys each door .  I had to phone up and i ordered another 6  that cost about 6 pounds each  no bother they all work .    You can change lock if you want and get a cheap lock that doesnt reqire specials sign of the times i suppose

I did forget to mention that the literature that came with the keys had a sticker stating that they could be cut at Timpsons & a couple of local independants. I went to Timpsons as they had a shop in the supermarket so it was convienent. 

Went to an independant, £3 per key (as I was supplying the blank) & got told they're £5.45 if key was supplied by them. 

Like @RollingJ ours came with a card for the machine doing the cutting.