Joe Biden The New President Thoughts So Far?

Yes of course.

That's what so ironic about Republican attacks of him being soft on crime.

That all said, Biden viewing it from now admits he got it wrong.

We also have to remember at the time america was going thru a massive rise in crime and the already high murder rate had gone right thru the roof.

What's the saying " prison makes bad people worse".

A truism.butbtheres plenty of bad people deserve thier time behind bars.

Just now, butlers said:

Yes of course.

That's what so ironic about Republican attacks of him being soft on crime.

That all said, Biden viewing it from now admits he got it wrong.

We also have to remember at the time america was going thru a massive rise in crime and the already high murder rate had gone right thru the roof.

What's the saying " prison makes bad people worse".

A truism.butbtheres plenty of bad people deserve thier time behind bars.

Soft on crime or contributing to the destruction of the black and brown family? 

Look online and see who was disproportionately affected by this law . 

The poor as always.

Blacks being disproportionate in that category.

A lot if this is how the well to do in the US can wall themselves from " society".

5 minutes ago, butlers said:

The poor as always.

Blacks being disproportionate in that category.

A lot if this is how the well to do in the US can wall themselves from " society".

Being totally honest, 

I mean if I'm going to be straight down the line with no bull. 

I'd have to say that's the best deflection I've seen on this or any other forum in the last 5 years. 

Seriously it was that good 👏

See thing is the Republican Party  have form for the southern strategy , explicitly racist ,which the party belatedly apologized for.

The Republican Party now is overwhelming white and it's not unknown to hear words like " savages" to come from Republican politicians when there's riots/ civil unrest.

The former President habitually refered to black averseries as " low intelligence" and has several times spoken of his good genes ( white European) .it's ugly stuff.

Rather like there's BLM and black lives matter ,there's Racism  and racism .

I can think of several Biden comments that are clumsy but not that offensive whereas the previous guy in comparison has much more troubling stuff .

2 minutes ago, butlers said:

See thing is the Republican Party  have form for the southern strategy , explicitly racist ,which the party belatedly apologized for.

"Clipped" 

2 minutes ago, butlers said:

And that's the point where I Iose interest. 

It’s ever been the same with respect to world leaders, if they haven’t done it their critics will say that they have, if they have done it the same critics will say that they haven’t. What I will say is that Joe Biden at age 78 has a very fair chance of dying in office, I’m 74 in a few days time and would like to think that I may reach the age of 78, I reckon that he has some guts to take on the presidency.

Think I am right the last 3 US presidents to die were all in their 90,s and Carter still going strong at 96

Edited by butlers

8 minutes ago, butlers said:

Think I am right the last 3 US presidents to die were all in their 90,s and Carter still going strong at 96

Yes but they weren’t old men they were doing the job, other than Reagan who was a mere 

70  then he took office.

Steady steady.

She's a bit different to the previous clothes horse.

Jill Biden has kept up her day job of teaching too ,the first First Lady to do that.

Jill Biden is a Professor .

Remover after one if the debates where she and Joe Biden embraced while the other two stood in stood apart in Stony silence

#teambiden

Edited by butlers