Joe Biden The New President Thoughts So Far?

Not far off indeed!

According to JohnHopkins, the number of COVID deaths under Trump's term was 406k. Under Biden's it is at 308 k(714 minus 406)

The Report in the Washington Times, was apparently comparing the first 9 months in office of each President, but the headline did not make that clear.

But, at the current death rate, it will undoubtably (unless it miraculously disappears) eclipse the Trump number very soon.

And the first effective vaccine was not approved for emergy use by the FDA,  until December 11, 2020.

So Biden inherited a vaccine.

Trump was blamed for the 406k deaths on his watch. Will Joe be blamed for his 308k (and counting)?

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Trump was blamed for the 406k deaths on his watch. Will Joe be blamed for his 308k (and counting)?

Biden also inherited Trump turning taking anti-covid measures into a political issue rather than a public health one. Many Republican supporters have adopted this so much they have not only been refusing to wear masks, refuse the vaccine, etc., they even booed Trump when he said they should take the vaccine[1]. Many Republican governors are still following his lead and restricting anti-covid measures. Should Biden be blamed for those deaths?

[1] This was long after he lost the presidency and had realised his actions had caused the virus to disproportionately kill people who were likely to vote for him if he stood again.

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Not far off indeed!

According to JohnHopkins, the number of COVID deaths under Trump's term was 406k. Under Biden's it is at 308 k(714 minus 406)

The Report in the Washington Times, was apparently comparing the first 9 months in office of each President, but the headline did not make that clear.

But, at the current death rate, it will undoubtably (unless it miraculously disappears) eclipse the Trump number very soon.

And the first effective vaccine was not approved for emergy use by the FDA,  until December 11, 2020.

Once a virus has reached pandemic stage it is practically impossible to reverse it. I still think Biden is a wet blanket, but shoving these figures in his shoes is naive.

40 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

Once a virus has reached pandemic stage it is practically impossible to reverse it. I still think Biden is a wet blanket, but shoving these figures in his shoes is naive.

It reaches pandemic stage before a vaccine is found, not after!

Edited by trastrick

1 hour ago, altus said:

Biden also inherited Trump turning taking anti-covid measures into a political issue rather than a public health one. Many Republican supporters have adopted this so much they have not only been refusing to wear masks, refuse the vaccine, etc., they even booed Trump when he said they should take the vaccine[1]. Many Republican governors are still following his lead and restricting anti-covid measures. Should Biden be blamed for those deaths?

[1] This was long after he lost the presidency and had realised his actions had caused the virus to disproportionately kill people who were likely to vote for him if he stood again.

Trump caused the  virus to kill Republicans more than Democrat voters?

Lol

It was VP Harris who told America during the VP Debate, that she wouldn't take the vaccine if Trump recommended it!

But the COVID question is interesting. Kamila was outraged that Trump had killed "over 200,000" Americans, (so Biden, by that standard has now killed over 300,000, even though he (not Trump) had FDA "approved" COVID vaccines to work with).

The correct answer, of course was that she would take a vaccine approved by the FDA, but she

couldn't resist giving a sop to the anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists, by invoking Trump, as if he was making the stuff in his basement, which is not how the vaccines were being developed and tested and approved. But the grinning "lady" knew that, of course. The sound bite was, 'If the President recommended it, she would not take it'.

And, as usual, the Repblican got the attacking questions, and Kamila got the softball ones. only he was asked about Trump's age, if he had spoken to Trump about a transition of power, "due to his recent hospitalization" which was a minor routine proceedure, it turns out. Dementia joe, with his brain aneurisms and advanced age,  was never mentioned. Lol

And only Pence's predictions of the course of the pandemic "a vaccine by the end of the year", were actually realized.

That Covid segement is  interesting, given what has transpired, if anyone has the time to spare. The grinning "lady" was put in charge of the Southern Border.

See:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf2kS1_FdPA

And maybe:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04R4uk04-9o

Lol

6 hours ago, trastrick said:

This is silly. Trump is not specifically to blame for the 400 odd thousand deaths on his watch and I am not sure who it is who says he is. That is a straw man. What Trump is to blame for is putting his own self-interest ahead of the interests of the US population and the deaths that caused. He is to blame for spreading misinformation and the deaths that caused and continues to cause. Thankfully he did not manage to screw up US federal support for vaccine development. It is a shame so many Americans decline to get vaccinated and to a considerable extent that is down to Trump.

I imagine "Biden's" covid measures have been far from perfect but I am not aware of any major scandal on this front.

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

Trump caused the  virus to kill Republicans more than Democrat voters?

Don't try to misrepresent what I posted.

Trump's actions encouraged Republicans to not take measures that would combat the virus. Not taking those measures resulted in their deaths.

The numbers back this up and the differences are quite stark:

6PSAAR3UVNHYJBI6GDUEVK47NQ.png&w=691

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

It reaches pandemic stage before a vaccine is found, not after!

Huh? I genuinely don't know what point you are making here, but I am fairly sure a pandemic can also be reached after vaccination (as we see clearly in the UK with a substantial number of infections despite a high number of vaccinations). 

40 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

This is silly. Trump is not specifically to blame for the 400 odd thousand deaths on his watch and I am not sure who it is who says he is. That is a straw man. What Trump is to blame for is putting his own self-interest ahead of the interests of the US population and the deaths that caused. He is to blame for spreading misinformation and the deaths that caused and continues to cause. Thankfully he did not manage to screw up US federal support for vaccine development. It is a shame so many Americans decline to get vaccinated and to a considerable extent that is down to Trump.

I imagine "Biden's" covid measures have been far from perfect but I am not aware of any major scandal on this front.

You mean aside from the 308.000 deaths on his watch? While he has had Trump Administration developed vaccines available from the time he entered office?

Lol

But I agree. It's silly to blame one politician for the death toll of a pandemic.

44 minutes ago, altus said:

Don't try to misrepresent what I posted.

Trump's actions encouraged Republicans to not take measures that would combat the virus. Not taking those measures resulted in their deaths.

The numbers back this up and the differences are quite stark:

6PSAAR3UVNHYJBI6GDUEVK47NQ.png&w=691

You say "The numbers back this up and the differences are quite stark"

I see no "numbers" to back up your statement that Trump "had caused the virus to disproportionately kill people who were likely to vote for him".

Republican voter deaths vs Democrat voter deaths?

In science "correlation is NOT cause".

And soon enough, the death toll from this deadly disease on Biden's watch is about to exceed Trump's.

Will you blame Biden, for incomptence in using using the vaccines given to him by the Trump Administration, and not being able to persuade enough folks to take them?

Lol

Edited by trastrick

8 hours ago, trastrick said:

Not far off indeed!

One third of the deaths are in two states - Texas and Florida - with rabid anti everything covid Republican governors.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

One third of the deaths are in two states - Texas and Florida - with rabid anti everything covid Republican governors.

You saying the deaths in those states are only Republican voters?