Joe Biden The New President Thoughts So Far?

9 hours ago, Magilla said:

Ya we know, Lol

Everything that Trump did right was because of Obama's brilliant policies.

Everything that Biden does wrong, is because of Trump's policies.

The first one sold in the last election,

We'll see if the second one sells in the next election.

12 hours ago, The Joker said:

Now, we've already come to the conclusion you're not very smart.

This will explain why you fail to perform the necessary joined-up thinking to see the above two items highlighted above are linked.

lol

LOL

. . . etc.

12 hours ago, The Joker said:

Now, we've already come to the conclusion you're not very smart.

This will explain why you fail to perform the necessary joined-up thinking to see the above two items highlighted above are linked.

lol

LOL

. . . etc.

Perhaps you, O mighty Oracle, in your wisdom can enlighten us?

Lol

12 hours ago, altus said:

Yet again. no links to sources so we can check them. Selective quotes that you claim are from an article in The Guardian isn't providing a link to your source. Provide a link to the page you got it from so we can see the the whole article and the full context.

Simply copy the first 4 lines of the cite, paste them in a Google search, and press enter.

You're welcome

9 hours ago, Magilla said:

"... saying they’ll take their cues from scientists and not the president."

https://www.axios.com/biden-trump-coronavirus-vaccine-69c900ca-a155-40f6-914e-8158a135a81c.html

The Democratic ticket is trying to strike the right balance — they want to warn that Trump may be making premature claims for political gain, but they don’t want to dissuade Americans from actually using a vaccine once one is safe and available.

• Both Biden and Harris want to project optimism about the prospects for a vaccine, without creating an echo chamber for Trump's enthusiasm.
  • “If I could get a vaccine tomorrow I’d do it,” Biden said earlier today . “If it cost me the election I’d do it. We need a vaccine and we need it now.”
  • On Sunday, Harris told CNN: “I would not trust Donald Trump and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he’s talking about.”  

Except, they didn't, as the article you quoted (wrongly, in a somewhat poor attempt to mislead) makes clear.

... 3 guesses why! :P

Again. Here the quote:

"Harris said she expected that medical experts would not be allowed to make decisions on a vaccine without interference from above.

“They’ll be muzzled, they’ll be suppressed, they will be sidelined,” Harris told CNN. “Because he’s looking at an election coming up in less than 60 days and he’s grasping to get whatever he can to pretend he has been a leader on this issue when he is not.”

In fact THAT NEVER HAPPENED!

The vaccine was developed by a consortium of private and public organizations, and duly released in record time to save perhaps millions of lives. except for some poor souls who may have refused to take it because of this Giggly Lady's failed conspiracy theory.

5 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Good ol Joe.... 

https://fb.watch/7zKualzZsn/

Bizarre, simply bizarre.

9 hours ago, butlers said:

Wonder if California took   Trumps advice to " clean the forests" to stop wildfires ,I mean the  one  currently raging is only ,700 sq miles,how hard could it be.

They might check with Canada, Lol

"Forest managers sometimes use prescribed burning to get rid of built-up fuel loads in forested areas. These planned and controlled burns are referred to as “prescribed fires.” They are a versatile management tool, often used to reduce the risk of large, uncontrollable fires breaking out".

https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/our-natural-resources/forests/wildland-fires-insects-disturbances/forest-fires/fire-management/13157

6 hours ago, altus said:

No need for guessing. :lol: The fact is it's incredibly obvious what is going on and trastrick has been repeatedly found out. Surely they can't think we'll suddenly start falling for their trick.

The only question is whether trastrick finds the original articles and selectively quotes them themselves or just copy and pastes stuff pre-selectively quoted from other web sites.

Ah. "THEY" are trying to trick you!

You need to see somebody about that!

Come to think of it there's a lot of it going around, so you're not alone.

"What's going on". is I'm a happily retired Sheffield ex-pat who was remembers WW2, and has lived through all the world upheavals and politics since then.

I now have a little time on my hands, to correct the many shameless lies and distortions of actual events I observed taking place in the world at large.

Unlike you folks, I post under my real name, and my posts are occasionally read by friends and family members.  There are a couple of posters on this site that actually knew my family in the U.K.

So, no conspiracy theories, please!

Lol

5 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Thats it then , its all Trump fault.  Biden is powerless to change anything Trump did 

When you have been in government for 50 years, you can get by by blaming others for everything that goes wrong, and taking credit for everything that goes right.

Seniority is more important than competence.

In real life, that is not the case.

Edited by trastrick

4 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

Here's the reason:

Hate rots a person from the inside.

It has no cure.

Not a good way to go thru life.

Especially if the object of your hate does not give a fig whistle for your opinions.

And especially if he's billionaire who built New York Skyscrapers, became Leader of the Free World, and has a hot wife!

Do something positive with all that wasted adrenaline, go plant some trees!

Lol

Edited by trastrick

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

That's an opinion and as such meaningless. 

Only the "conventional wisdom" which is sprinkled like manna from heaven by the likes of BBC and the Guardian is acceptable in politically correct, polite public these days.

I'm surprised I've been allowed to post dissenting opinions here, for so long, without being banned.

Credit to the moderators, I suppose!

3 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

Actually, no. It's pretty much got the status of objective fact. He lied and lied and lied so he definitely qualifies as a liar. Most of his lies were to do with reinforcing Trump's self-image that's how he gets the tag of narcissist. They were clear as soon as Trump took the stage.

I confess I did not spot the moron bit immediately because I stopped paying attention but there is plenty of evidence for that too.

Just for interest can you post one unedited Trump lie, in context?

I can give you a few for Obama and Biden.

6 hours ago, trastrick said:

Ya we know, Lol

Everything that Trump did right was because of Obama's brilliant policies.

He inherited, by his own definition, a booming economy and low unemployment.

Trump didn't change the trajectory of either in any meaningful way. Job creation slowed under Trump.

Everything that Biden does wrong, is because of Trump's policies.

Not everything, but certainly the Afghan chaos is, in part. :?

The first one sold in the last election,

We'll see if the second one sells in the next election.

Given that you appear to have completely forgotten that Trump had the same issues you highlighted, and handled them all abysmally, I doubt Biden is too worried just yet.

Edited by Magilla

8 hours ago, trastrick said:

Again. Here the quote:

"Harris said she expected that medical experts would not be allowed to make decisions on a vaccine without interference from above.

“They’ll be muzzled, they’ll be suppressed, they will be sidelined,” Harris told CNN. “Because he’s looking at an election coming up in less than 60 days and he’s grasping to get whatever he can to pretend he has been a leader on this issue when he is not.”

In fact THAT NEVER HAPPENED!

Yep, it did:

Experts worry CDC is sidelined in coronavirus response:

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-us-news-ap-top-news-virus-outbreak-public-health-a6da659a0613c91f7bf7cecc2dde172f

Four ways Trump has meddled in pandemic science:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03035-4

How US President Donald Trump and his administration have silenced scientists, meddled in their reports and ignored their advice.

:?

The vaccine was developed by a consortium of private and public organizations, and duly released in record time to save perhaps millions of lives.

In spite of Trump, who then bungled the role out

America’s Vaccine Rollout Is Already a Disaster:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/americas-vaccine-rollout-disaster.html

except for some poor souls who may have refused to take it because of this Giggly Lady's failed conspiracy theory.

Gosh, well Trump supporters must really trust her then:

https://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/569089-the-memo-boos-for-trump-show-scale-of-vaccine-challenge

... or, that conspiracy theory is actually one created in your head! :?

There's a reason there's been 400% spikes in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina and Tennessee in recent weeks.

It's not because of anything Harris said, no matter how much you can delude yourself.

Like many of the Trump achievements you listed the other day.... a figment of your imagination! :?

Edited by Magilla

6 hours ago, trastrick said:

Simply copy the first 4 lines of the cite, paste them in a Google search, and press enter.

You're welcome

As Magilla demonstrated, you don't cite your sources because you are attempting to mislead people. I don't need to chase round looking for them because you failing to provide a proper source indicates you are attempting to mislead and your post can be dismissed.

5 hours ago, trastrick said:

Ah. "THEY" are trying to trick you!

If you look in the full Oxford English Dictionary, the one with the etymologies of words, you'll see that the use of 'they' as a singular neuter pronoun is hundreds of years old. It might have fallen somewhat out of favour for a while but the recent resurgence is just bringing that long existing use rather than inventing something new. As your gender isn't clear from your username I used the gender neutral one.