Joe Biden The New President Thoughts So Far?

3 hours ago, Delbow said:

I've read that Biden is actively trying to secure agreement for a global minimum corporation tax rate. If he pulls that off, it will be one of the most progressive achievements of any politician in recent times.

why on earth or how on earth you can enforce a global minimum corporation tax rate? the man is deluded, why should companies be held to account for government financial inadequacies.

2 hours ago, butlers said:

Also 500,000 more people have signed up to the ACA and now have health insurance.

Biden has also reinstated $200 million in aid to the Palastinians that the Trump admin cut.

again why on earth send money to a wholly terror led viewpoint?

48 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

why on earth or how on earth you can enforce a global minimum corporation tax rate? the man is deluded, why should companies be held to account for government financial inadequacies.

https://www.newsplate.org/2021/04/06/biden-administration-calls-for-global-minimum-corporate-tax-rate/

He can do it unilaterally for US companies by changing tax law so that a US company paying less than US corporation tax abroad  (e.g. Google paying 12.5% in Ireland) would have to pay the difference to the IRS (so Google in Ireland would pay 8.5% to the IRS on top of the 12.5% to Ireland). So he's not deluded.

He's working with the G20 to secure a global framework involving the other leading economies. He might pull that off, or he might not. Neither you or I know which it will be.

Edited by Delbow
Bit of a cockup on the spelling and grammar front

Funny enough only yesterday one of Trump's lead economic advisors said he was for the increase in the Corporate tax saying they had gone too far with the  previous

cut.

Larry Kudlow was on Trump's 

National Economic Council.

Theres less room to move but there's a Press Conference from the President today on gun regulation.

A majority of gun owners favour more gun regulation, 

American citizens working abroad still have to pay thier taxes to the IRS on earnt income.

It would appear that Mr Biden is going to do what he can to  change the gun laws. See Sky news etc.

Yes  I know it is a massive hurdle, but I have the greatest respect for this idea. 

4 hours ago, Janus said:

It would appear that Mr Biden is going to do what he can to  change the gun laws. See Sky news etc.

Yes  I know it is a massive hurdle, but I have the greatest respect for this idea. 

Biden will have an right uphill struggle on this one especially the southern states who don't take kindly to such an change in the law 

Texas Governor has spoke out against regulation.

1 hour later, 6 shot ,I believe all six critical  in Texas.

Just another normal US day.

Gun deaths in 19/20 hit record high of 37,000 

Was 54 in UK

10 hours ago, Delbow said:

https://www.newsplate.org/2021/04/06/biden-administration-calls-for-global-minimum-corporate-tax-rate/

He can do it unilaterally for US companies by changing tax law so that a US company paying less than US corporation tax abroad  (e.g. Google paying 12.5% in Ireland) would have to pay the difference to the IRS (so Google in Ireland would pay 8.5% to the IRS on top of the 12.5% to Ireland). So he's not deluded.

He's working with the G20 to secure a global framework involving the other leading economies. He might pull that off, or he might not. Neither you or I know which it will be.

Different countries are at different stages of development and have different tax needs, so not sure an international rate works. However tax should be more closely tied to where profits are generated, a sales based tax, rather than reported profit could be the way to achieve this. 

11 hours ago, butlers said:

Texas Governor has spoke out against regulation.

1 hour later, 6 shot ,I believe all six critical  in Texas.

Just another normal US day.

Gun deaths in 19/20 hit record high of 37,000 

Was 54 in UK

There lies the problem. They have been carrying guns for so long, they would see it as abnormal not to.

There was a bloke being interviewed yesterday. He said, "A gun is just like any other tool-it's the same as a hammer". 

It's delusional on a mass scale.

5 hours ago, Janus said:

There lies the problem. They have been carrying guns for so long, they would see it as abnormal not to.

There was a bloke being interviewed yesterday. He said, "A gun is just like any other tool-it's the same as a hammer". 

It's delusional on a mass scale.

guns dont kill people , people do.

Yeah those spree killers toting claw hammers are an everyday worry in the US.

The gun fetishist called Boebert advanced your argument within hours of the Boulder mass killing.

20 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

guns dont kill people , people do.

with guns