Joe Biden The New President Thoughts So Far?

Ok how does everyone think Joe Biden is doing now he is the in the most powerful seat in the world? news seems to have gone very quiet, has he done anything yet??

24 minutes ago, backintheroom said:

Ok how does everyone think Joe Biden is doing now he is the in the most powerful seat in the world? news seems to have gone very quiet, has he done anything yet??

If you don't think he's done anything you've not being paying attention.

I wouldn’t like to say he’s boring but one thing’s for sure, he won’t have a 428 page thread on SF.

36 minutes ago, altus said:

If you don't think he's done anything you've not being paying attention.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I think it's commendable that such an elderly gentleman is finally getting his plumbing sorted out. :)

1 hour ago, backintheroom said:

Rumour has it yesterday he managed to tie his own shoes. Like i say its just a rumour though..

8 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I think it's commendable that such an elderly gentleman is finally getting his plumbing sorted out. :)

It's something his predecessor never managed. :)

14 minutes ago, altus said:

It's something his predecessor never managed. :)

Despite his predecessors faults and there were many, at least Big Don saved the world from President Hillary Clinton. Now that would have been a horror show. 

7 minutes ago, backintheroom said:

when "plumbing" is top of the Guardian article  then i think we can see that not very much has been done.

One of Trump's big election promises in the 2016 election was he was going to reinvigorate the US economy by spending lots on fixing it's crumbling infrastructure. He didn't do anything to address the infrastructure.

In early June 2019, President Trump signed a disaster relief and recovery bill worth $19 billion. ... Some $1.6 billion is allocated to repairing roads and bridges post-disaster through the Federal Highway Administration's Emergency Relief Fund.

1 minute ago, backintheroom said:

In early June 2019, President Trump signed a disaster relief and recovery bill worth $19 billion. ... Some $1.6 billion is allocated to repairing roads and bridges post-disaster through the Federal Highway Administration's Emergency Relief Fund.

He was promising to spend over $1 trillion during his 2016 election campaign. Allocating relatively small sums to fix immediate problems due to extreme weather events doesn't address long term chronic infrastructure problems caused by decades of under investment (which is what he had promised to do).

He's just got to tickle along doing what he is told by his advisors until he can step down mid term claiming a medical condition so Kamala Harris can take over.