Sheffield Hallam University Hoarding - Outrage(!)

The following has been spotted on an Hallam University advertising hoarding; https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/people/sheffield-hallam-university-slammed-over-inappropriate-city-centre-advertising-hoarding-3188711

Let's see if Hallan University remove the 'offending' section of billboard but I can't get away with someone describing themselves as 'Outraged of Batemoor'. 

I'm guessing this is just a stock photo from a photo library & will also be on a number of other billboards elsewhere at other sites across the county / world but nobody has spotted it? 

Now its been pointed out, in tbe current climate, expect it to be removed, not on the grounds of being offensive but the fact that the hat wearer is a Canadian patriot & therefore someone portraying a nationalist. 

Edited by Baron99

So it's taken over a year for someone to notice this?
Is this not just another case of people actively searching out ways to feign being offended?

24 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Is this not just another case of people actively searching out ways to feign being offended?

EXACTLY - @Pyrotequila - and typical of the small-mindedness of so many.

2 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

Absolutely - it’s become a form of attention seeking for many.

look at me I’m offended!

we see far worse in the rest of everyday life now, its only a word get over it and stop being so offended.

12 minutes ago, backintheroom said:

we see far worse in the rest of everyday life now, its only a word get over it and stop being so offended.

👍

9 hours ago, RollingJ said:

EXACTLY - @Pyrotequila - and typical of the small-mindedness of so many.

👍👍👍

So, I'm small minded, and happy to be so.

It is probably only now someone has decided to speak up although many others did not agree with it.

I find the use of an advert including obscene language offensive especially when it is linked to a place of learning.

34 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

It is probably only now someone has decided to speak up although many others did not agree with it.

I find the use of an advert including obscene language offensive especially when it is linked to a place of learning.

i personally dont like to see it but we have become so brainwashed and sterilised to things nowadays, listen to some of the lyrics of the latest hip hop or grime tunes, listen even to some mainstream songs you will find something there to offend, some are pretty graphic, we are exposed to more and more stuff that is outside the norm as the liberal media try and normalise everything???

some pretty offensive stuff on social media too, its all around and its not going to get better it will get more extreme.

Edited by backintheroom

39 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Why - how is it offensive to you?

what makes it more so because of in being linked to a place of learning?

10 minutes ago, Fictional Pulp said:

Why - how is it offensive to you?

what makes it more so because of in being linked to a place of learning?

Because using obscene language , written or spoken , in a public place where people of all ages and groups see and hear it is not acceptable and by a university using such an advert sends out a message that it is acceptable,