May 6th 2021 Elections

47 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I wonder, do you have house insurance Mr Ape? 

I don't know why if you don't use it. Has your house ever burned down? No?

But all your insurance money is going to benefit other people whose houses have burnt down.

Why do you carry on paying just for their benefit?

Remember you are only an accident/old age away from needing all those services, and only a payslip away from needing the support of others.

It's incredibly selfish to think otherwise.  

Indeed, only Daily Fail reading fools who spend their entire lives griping about people on those nasty benefits complain about people who are entitled to free Bus and Tram travel etc getting what they are entitled to, even if it is at taxpayers' expense.

2 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Indeed, only Daily Fail reading fools who spend their entire lives griping about people on those nasty benefits complain about people who are entitled to free Bus and Tram travel etc getting what they are entitled to, even if it is at taxpayers' expense.

At least that's the sort of thing that the taxes are meant for, not like some of the massive expenses etc of MPs taken, from our taxes.

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

I wonder, do you have house insurance Mr Ape? 

No I don't as I live in a Council property however you probably do because you own it and its private.

I don't know why if you don't use it. Has your house ever burned down? No?

But all your insurance money is going to benefit other people whose houses have burnt down.

Why do you carry on paying just for their benefit?

I don't, see above. I also don't have personal insurance, health insurance or any car insurance either. Do you?

Remember you are only an accident/old age away from needing all those services, and only a payslip away from needing the support of others.

????

It's incredibly selfish to think otherwise.  

I agree.

4 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

You get a lot of that on here.

Actually I have an idea. Let's have a transport referendum in Sheffield and ask the voters of Sheffield if they would like free bus travel for all paid for by a council tax rise. 

But... I think I already know what the result would be.

Edited by apelike