Car Overtaking A Hearse

On 02/04/2021 at 20:26, kidley said:

Well Well i really believed that there was an emergency ambulance service in this country, classed as one of the best in the world, ime shattered that you have to take a 3 week old dying baby to hospital in your own car?

Well I live 10 mins away from a hospital. When I'm home, my car is at the ready outside the front door. 

If my child was in need of immediate and urgent hospital care do you think I would waste 5 minutes for the ambulance to get here? Or give doctors 5 more minutes to save my child? 

3 hours ago, Resident said:

Well I live 10 mins away from a hospital. When I'm home, my car is at the ready outside the front door. 

If my child was in need of immediate and urgent hospital care do you think I would waste 5 minutes for the ambulance to get here? Or give doctors 5 more minutes to save my child? 

The problem being if your child deteriorates on the way to hospital, such that they require immediate medical intervention, you are not equipped to provide it.

Not saying either decision is the right decision, only that there is more to consider than just time taken to get to hospital.

I would be happy to bet a considerable sum that that the chap shouting expletives whilst overtaking a hearse was not rushing a sick child to hospital.  Or in any emergency for that matter.   

20 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

The problem being if your child deteriorates on the way to hospital, such that they require immediate medical intervention, you are not equipped to provide it.

Not saying either decision is the right decision, only that there is more to consider than just time taken to get to hospital.

And if my child deteriorated in those wasted 5 minutes they still wouldn't have that intervention. 

Being impatient sums up this situation up, which the majority of times cause accidents some having a fatal result.  On the way to Skeggy several years ago I was following a tourer going about 25mph, the kids in the back seat were shouting  all the usual stuff like are we there yet and hurry up and get round the Tortoise, :hihi: I said don't panic we will get there and in one piece, just has I said this, some Baffoon came racing up at the side of me in a Mini, overtaking me and the Caravan and just missing a lorry coming towards nearly causing a head on collision,  about 20 mins later I pulled up at the traffic lights outside the Ship on Skeggy sea front and guess who was stood waiting at red, yes! The Chancer in the Mini,  this was a good lesson for the kids on the back seat,  which was we got there at the same time as the Mini and not risking lives to do so.  :gag:

28 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Being impatient sums up this situation up, which the majority of times cause accidents some having a fatal result.  On the way to Skeggy several years ago I was following a tourer going about 25mph, the kids in the back seat were shouting  all the usual stuff like are we there yet and hurry up and get round the Tortoise, 

If ever I overtook anything, the kids in the back seat would Clap and Cheer.

I was that Tortoise.

30 minutes ago, Padders said:

If ever I overtook anything, the kids in the back seat would Clap and Cheer.

I was that Tortoise.

Im joining the Tortoise club in the Summer, Im buying a Tourer,  :hihi: