April 1st Stories?

Has anyone spotted anything slightly 'suspect' in local news coverage for the 1st April? There's a Star story about a boat full of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, bound for Rotherham,  doing an "Ever Given" on our city's waterways...

I haven’t read my Daily Mail yet but they usually put something in.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

I haven’t read my Daily Mail yet but they usually put something in.

I heard they were going to fox readers by putting a factually accurate article in as an Aprils Fools  :o

The only one I've seen this year was online about SCC "re-introducing one of Sheffield’s much loved landmarks, The Hole In The Road".

I needed to buy some pet food which I do online. They were offering a new product which was... A PETSPRESSO COFFE E machine😀

On snopes.com, the Teletubbies have launched a cryptocurrency, Duolingo have launched a 'word of the day' range of toilet papers for language learners, and Paddington has announced that he doesn't like marmalade any more.

My favourite today is this popular YouTube tech reviewer, he is reviewing the best Mac ever: (Highly recommended)

In the i today, hidden among other covid stories is a short article: 'Cornwall makes language test compulsory for tourists'.

The gist being that, with holiday bookings up 700% and concerns of local services and infrastructure being overwhelmed this summer by millions of “staycationers”, arrivers at self-catering cottages, hotels and campsites will be asked to take a test covering basic phrases in the Cornish tongue (Kernewek), and that testing booths are expected to be set up on major traffic routes into Cornwall.

In a world that has recently seen covid, Trump and Boris Johnson, you be forgiven for believing that April Fool’s day was a redundant concept.

Heard somewhere that masks would be compulsory for all cyclists.