Bbc Radio Sheffield Today

Guest busdriver1
14 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I thought that the interview was great.

As a suggestion, why not have an amnesty.  Over the years, the forum has lost some brilliant contributors to the kingdom of the banned. It is quite possible that you could gain a decent amount of momentum by allowing them to post again.

I very much doubt that many if any would return. I myself rarely post as my views are often in opposition to those who wield the axe and will get removed without notice or explanation. I personally view this forum as entertainment rather than educational or informative. The majority of posts / threads are those that the thought police will allow  so as a result are one sided and frequently blind to the facts.

Just now, busdriver1 said:

I very much doubt that many if any would return. I myself rarely post as my views are often in opposition to those who wield the axe and will get removed without notice or explanation. I personally view this forum as entertainment rather than educational or informative. The majority of posts / threads are those that the thought police will allow  so as a result are one sided and frequently blind to the facts.

Hi Busdriver1, your views are welcome, so please don't self censor, only through open debate do we make progress.

2 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

totally agree with you, have registered again now i see some of the old moderation have gone who had their own agenda, this could be a really good debate and entertainment forum without ridiculous and overzealous moderation.

lets get back to robust debate and banter obviously within rules and without extremism and distasteful views, but at least use common sense and allow all sides a fair crack of the whip and dont allow mods personal leanings to interfere.

i look forward to be able to speak what what i think without censorship about all things including Sheffield .

good luck new team please dont ban without warning or reason. x

On 01/04/2021 at 14:36, abbeyedges said:

One of the liveliest threads at present is the one about Scottish Independence which I just don't understand

I would say the main reason for contributing to a post is invariably  the interest. Another reason can simply be that someone does not agree with whatever has been posted and feels strongly enough to put their own opinion accross.  

Guest busdriver1
6 hours ago, CS22 said:

Hi Busdriver1, your views are welcome, so please don't self censor, only through open debate do we make progress.

Open debate? Is that something new on here?  

The only debate that seems to be allowable is that which the mod team agree with. 

Anything they don't gets deleted. 

hi @busdriver1 thanks for your comments - not sure if you have seen but the Forum is under new ownership & with a new mod team. 

16 hours ago, Janus said:

I would say the main reason for contributing to a post is invariably  the interest. Another reason can simply be that someone does not agree with whatever has been posted and feels strongly enough to put their own opinion accross.  

Forum members creating and posting on a thread about Scottish Independence makes no difference to me.

But the words are on the tin - 'Sheffield Forum - For Everything Sheffield'. 

18 hours ago, SFBeca said:

hi @busdriver1 thanks for your comments - not sure if you have seen but the Forum is under new ownership & with a new mod team. 

I must add that the previous mod team did an excellent job, and were well respected on the I’m Bored section. We do get a bit naughty at times but we were always reminded that children read this forum and we understood that.

11 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I must add that the previous mod team did an excellent job, and were well respected on the I’m Bored section. We do get a bit naughty at times but we were always reminded that children read this forum and we understood that.

Absolutely! They've done a brilliant job, was just pointing out that there is a new team in place. 

5 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Forum members creating and posting on a thread about Scottish Independence makes no difference to me.

But the words are on the tin - 'Sheffield Forum - For Everything Sheffield'

Good afternoon Abbeyedges.  

I am trying hard to   workout where you are coming from. 

Do you feel that a forum based on a specific topic-in this case Sheffield, should not have other sections?

There may well be some forums around with just one core topic. No sub sections, and no deviations . I cannot say I have seen any, but they may exist. However, Sheffield forum has always had a multitude of sub sections while I have been a member. Others may know if that has always been the case from it's inseption .

If I have not grasped what it is that you are not happy with, please feel free to put me right.

39 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Exactly Pat.

Even SFBeca says they did a brilliant job.

What I can't understand is, why replace them with a new team.

By all accounts the old team were "slightly" disappointed at their removal.

Guest busdriver1
14 minutes ago, Padders said:

What I can't understand is, why replace them with a new team.

By all accounts the old team were "slightly" disappointed at their removal.

Maybe the new team dont agree with their views so removed them. A bit of Karma there