Bbc Radio Sheffield Today

Hi all, 

We are on Paulette Edwards show this morning talking about all things Forum if anyone wants a listen! 11am on BBC Radio Sheffield 😊

Whoop whoop :)

Good luck, listened to the interview and as someone who has used this forum for a long time must agree that it has been struggling lately.

Sheffield Facebook forum has got much more followers but I can predict what will be on there, it's no better.

Get more useful local information from the neighbours website.

Just checking - do you mean the Facebook page for this Forum?

No I meant the https://www.facebook.com/onlinesheffield/ page with all them police notification and boring Sheffield star like articles.

Unfortunately this forum has been reduced to next to nothing over the years mostly due to its particular strong moderating. I even got banned here for two weeks several years ago for my strong opinions. Now I only check Sheffield forum mostly as a good source of public transport information and few other little things but I would not dare speak out like I used to on here before. Many people who used this forum before have left now scared to say something too extreme.

But when people speak about say for example page hall you get all these out of order extreme comments and it must be difficult to keep this in tune with reality.

Information is the only reason I still look here sometime but have lost all interest in joining most conversations.

Edited by dutch

I like Sheffield forum a lot. I have been a member for quite a while. I have no complaints at all. I use it more than any other website on the internet.

Thanks for your feedback @dutch

We do have a new team managing the Forum now, and we want it to be a place where people can have in-depth, interesting conversations, but your right we need to ensure there is a balance between interesting and any extreme comments! We welcome debate and celebrate opinion and we want Sheffielders to be able to voice their opinions in a respectful manner.

@Janus lovely comment and really glad you enjoy the Forum! 😊

Is it available on playback anywhere? Can't have the radio on when i'm in Teams Work Meetings lol.