Jump to content

Is It Unethical To Overcharge Liverpool For Sander Berge?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, atticus said:

Do you honestly believe this or is it just a lazy dig?

He failed to shine in a team that picked up 2 points in half a season of football, he's hardly Zidane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 26/03/2021 at 11:23, cmonkes said:

For the Blades to slap an overinflated price tag on Sander Berge just for Liverpool?

 

They have our pants down in the purchase of Brewster, in my opinion we should see how their interest in berge pans put and inflate that price to recoup a large percentage of that money back.

 

All these media quotes of £25m, if you really want him over the other PL big boys Liverpool, then to you he is available for £35m.

 

 

What an odd question. He’ll go to whoever’s terms are most acceptable to him. Simple as. Ethics won’t come into it.

Edited by Jim Hardie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There aren't many football teams in Ethics, so his choice is limited. He might end up at Thtoke!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a buyers market that unfortunately favours the rich, rival clubs will know that United have to sell such as Berge and will offer bottom dollar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a number of teams interested, it's more likely to be an auction and we get a good price

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

With a number of teams interested, it's more likely to be an auction and we get a good price

Rumoured to be interested. They won't pay over the odds for a player they know the selling club has to get rid of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Its a buyers market that unfortunately favours the rich, rival clubs will know that United have to sell such as Berge and will offer bottom dollar.

United don't have to sell Berge though do they, this is where we can afford to play hard ball.  He is contracted to the club for another 3 plus years and there is no release clause in his contract upon relegation. The owners are more than happy to keep him contracted to the club, he is only on a top end Championship salary at present anyway.....£30k a week, that's less than Jordan Rhodes and the same as Westwood. With money in the bank and parachute payments, the board won happily bankroll a key player, if push came to shove...they have stated that.

 

Granted it will be extremely difficult to turn down good money offers, but this is where we are in a dictating position.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Rumoured to be interested. They won't pay over the odds for a player they know the selling club has to get rid of.

Why do they 'have to get rid of him'......they are in no dire financial need. He is on a high end Championship salary and the money is in the bank to pay his wages.

 

I repeat what I have said humpteen times and it remains fact. We have a guaranteed income of 90m this year, 94m to be more precise (as per reuters). The owners placed a loan against projected earnings, with 45% profit remaining afterwards, we have now deferred than and offset it against parachute payments as well...this meaning even more money in the pot per annum.

 

We have a Championship wage bill at the club and are in no position what so ever, in which we have to sell any of out players for financial reasons. The player is contracted to our club for another 3+ years, with no clauses placed in his contract that would trigger release upon relegation.

 

If the players head gets turned and / or offers come in at the right price, then yes we will have to seriously entertain them...but still only on our own terms

 

Once again inaccurate information.....please try and back up such fictional posts with links and fact, as opposed to scaremongering.

 

How many times moderators? It is all this poster does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 30/03/2021 at 22:34, cmonkes said:

Why do they 'have to get rid of him'......they are in no dire financial need. He is on a high end Championship salary and the money is in the bank to pay his wages.

 

I repeat what I have said humpteen times and it remains fact. We have a guaranteed income of 90m this year, 94m to be more precise (as per reuters). The owners placed a loan against projected earnings, with 45% profit remaining afterwards, we have now deferred than and offset it against parachute payments as well...this meaning even more money in the pot per annum.

 

We have a Championship wage bill at the club and are in no position what so ever, in which we have to sell any of out players for financial reasons. The player is contracted to our club for another 3+ years, with no clauses placed in his contract that would trigger release upon relegation.

 

If the players head gets turned and / or offers come in at the right price, then yes we will have to seriously entertain them...but still only on our own terms

 

Once again inaccurate information.....please try and back up such fictional posts with links and fact, as opposed to scaremongering.

 

How many times moderators? It is all this poster does.

Everything you say is true but it needs one thing to happen, the owner to use the money for the club and not pocket it for himself.

We'll soon find the outcome around August/September of what his intentions are.

We hope for the best.

Edited by Alextopman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Why do they 'have to get rid of him'......they are in no dire financial need. He is on a high end Championship salary and the money is in the bank to pay his wages.

 

I repeat what I have said humpteen times and it remains fact. We have a guaranteed income of 90m this year, 94m to be more precise (as per reuters). The owners placed a loan against projected earnings, with 45% profit remaining afterwards, we have now deferred than and offset it against parachute payments as well...this meaning even more money in the pot per annum.

 

We have a Championship wage bill at the club and are in no position what so ever, in which we have to sell any of out players for financial reasons. The player is contracted to our club for another 3+ years, with no clauses placed in his contract that would trigger release upon relegation.

 

If the players head gets turned and / or offers come in at the right price, then yes we will have to seriously entertain them...but still only on our own terms

 

Once again inaccurate information.....please try and back up such fictional posts with links and fact, as opposed to scaremongering.

 

How many times moderators? It is all this poster does.

Lets just wait and see see what happens with Berge, clue - it won't be your version of events.  The less said about your attempts to get people banned the better.

 

 

Edited by Brooker11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Lets just wait and see see what happens with Berge, clue - it won't be your version of events.  The less said about your attempts to get people banned the better.

 

 

I don't have any problem with you being on the forum at all...it is a wonderful place of debate, opinion and freedom of speech. 

 

What I do have a problem with is the continuous fictional posts! Ones that make grand claims about United, but hold no proof what so ever.

 

Fictional comments with intent to cause unrest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Berge signed a contract to play for us and should not be sold, we havn't seen the best of him yet

DO NOT SELL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.