Glyn Senior

I am sad to pass on the news that my brother, Glyn Senior, died suddenly yesterday. He had lived in Japan for more than 40 years but still had many friends in Sheffield and was active on Sheffield Forum. He was a well known character in Sheffield during the late 60's and early 70's and instrumental in organising free concerts in Weston Park. He visited UK most years as friends and family were very important to him. 

34 minutes ago, DMD said:

I am sad to pass on the news that my brother, Glyn Senior, died suddenly yesterday. He had lived in Japan for more than 40 years but still had many friends in Sheffield and was active on Sheffield Forum. He was a well known character in Sheffield during the late 60's and early 70's and instrumental in organising free concerts in Weston Park. He visited UK most years as friends and family were very important to him. 

Hi, 

I am sorry for your loss. I didn't come across your brother on the Sheffield Forum but it is sad to lose someone close, I lost my mum in December and I am still coming to terms with it. I hope some people on the Forum have memories to share with you. Take care.

Thanks, that is very thoughtful of you. 

Sorry for your loss.  I knew Glyn briefly around the time when he organised the Weston Park concerts. Always an interesting and vibrant character.

Thanks very much for your kind thoughts. 

So sorry for your loss. You must be so sas. Did Glyn go to Hucklow Rd or Hinde House schools? I was a school friend of his if he did, and I was told many years ago that he had gone to live in Japan. Take care.

Thanks hilp4.  Glyn went to Owler Lane school which I think closed and became Hinde House. Yes, he went to live in Japan in the early 70's but returned to the UK most years. 

Thinking of you and your family