A Year In Lockdown. 2021.

I’ve spent the last year shielding and have only been out for a daily totter around the block and a couple of medical appointments. I didn’t have any company in the first lockdown, a couple of friends did a garden visit in the summer and my ‘bubble’ son visited bi weekly over the winter. What I’ve learnt is that I can keep myself occupied, can occasionally fall out with myself and don’t really like frozen milk and bread. Can’t help wondering the irony of ending shielding on April Fools Day 😀

Edited by catmiss
Typo

On 23/03/2021 at 19:39, tzijlstra said:

I might be able to update on that some time soon. 

It's official, my employer knows so I can post this here now. We are moving to Scotland, primarily because we've always wanted to live in Scotland, but also to find a different way of life. This is a pretty direct result of the last year. Although I love Sheffield and where we live in Hillsborough, we've been meaning to move to a more rural setting for some time, at heart I am still a country bumpkin, growing up in the green Frisian fields, living somewhere with a wide open view and a small local community where people talk to each other regularly is something I've been dreaming off for quite some time.

I'll probably hang around here for the odd update/visit about this great city of ours, a city I've been proud to call my hometown for over 14 years now! 

7 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

It's official, my employer knows so I can post this here now. We are moving to Scotland, primarily because we've always wanted to live in Scotland, but also to find a different way of life. This is a pretty direct result of the last year. Although I love Sheffield and where we live in Hillsborough, we've been meaning to move to a more rural setting for some time, at heart I am still a country bumpkin, growing up in the green Frisian fields, living somewhere with a wide open view and a small local community where people talk to each other regularly is something I've been dreaming off for quite some time.

I'll probably hang around here for the odd update/visit about this great city of ours, a city I've been proud to call my hometown for over 14 years now! 

Just like to wish you all the best Tzijlstra,

Always enjoy reading your posts, keep us updated.

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Just like to wish you all the best Tzijlstra,

Always enjoy reading your posts, keep us updated.

Appreciated :) Thanks Padders, like I said, I'll check here every now and then :) Not in the least to see how mammoth the Consequences of Brexit thread is now (I certainly didn't expect that when writing that post!)