R,I,P. Frank Worthington

Sadly, another famous footballer has died after a long illness.  A true showman and a larger than life character both on and off the pitch, Frank lit the game up for many.   Well worth a google for those youth means they did not get to see him play.

As I was saying to buddies earlier, he was an entertainer in an era of some serious cloggers.

A joy to watch him play.

I actually met him once. He was playing in a charity match at Scunthorpe's 'new' ground, raising money for Geldof's Band Aid. He was a big Who fan and I'd been to see them the previous evening at Wembley. I still had the program in the car and he asked if he could have a read. He was more interested in talking about music than football 🙂.

Frank Worthington scored some brilliant goals including one for Bolton when he had his back to goal, played keepy uppy then flicked the ball over his and the defender's head before volleying into the bottom corner of the net.

R.I.p Frank and thanks for the memories.

8 hours ago, charliewag said:

Frank Worthington scored some brilliant goals including one for Bolton when he had his back to goal, played keepy uppy then flicked the ball over his and the defender's head before volleying into the bottom corner of the net.

R.I.p Frank and thanks for the memories.

One of the most memorable goals ever - genius.