Pro Democracy Riot Bristol

43 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

So the yobs are still at it? Didn't know that, but like the title of this topic, which is an oxymoron, they are morons.

I assume they will still be at it until this government stops threatening our democracy.

And there are many people there, please don't generalise by calling them 'yobs.' Some might be, but not all I assure you.

I think RollingJ was referring to the dissenters who are causing problems by going out of their way to cause trouble by using violence.

Peaceful protests anyone...... ;)

7 minutes ago, apelike said:

I think RollingJ was referring to the dissenters who are causing problems by going out of their way to cause trouble by using violence.

You are correct, @apelike - but some people are too blind to see beyond their own prejudices.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

It was peaceful until 10pm last night.

In terms of covid so was the gathering outside the school protesting about an image of Mohammed.

No social distancing, many not wearing masks...

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

It was an unlawful gathering under covid-19 laws both before and after 10.00 pm last night.

Would have bashed their heads in with riot shields?

There was a rally in Sheff today about the new crime bill, about 1200 attended  and you would have been hard pressed to see anyone without a mask

The chief medical officer has also said there were no spikes in cases after the BLM protests last year mainly because outside transmission is vanishingly rare

There was anti lockdown rally in Bradford that did rest in arrests and injuries today

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

It was peaceful until 10pm last night.

So its wasnt peaceful then... :huh:

1 hour ago, apelike said:

So its wasnt peaceful then... :huh:

Not sure what the turning point was. A police officer bashing somebody's face in with a riot shield might have been one. Just saw the video. The woman's head didn't half snap back! 

15 hours ago, West 77 said:

It was an unlawful gathering under covid-19 laws both before and after 10.00 pm last night.

Any law which stops outdoor gatherings in the name of covid is inept and unjust, as risk of covid transmission outdoors is minimal. When that law is not only inept and unjust, but is being used to further erode civil liberties, it is no surprise that people break it.

I think that there are a significant number of people who feel that protesters are wrong to gather at the moment because of a perceived risk of spreading infection or because of the regulations prohibiting gatherings (we await the courts decision on the lawfulness of the regulations themselves which were introduced without parliamentary scrutiny). Did you feel the same way about those who came out of their homes and workplaces into the road or the car park or forecourt outside their building to join together in clapping and cheering and banging pots and pans for the NHS? In my view, the government seemed to encourage those gatherings, I think to help build national pride.

Sorry, meant to quote West77 above.

7 hours ago, 1980girl said:

I think that there are a significant number of people who feel that protesters are wrong to gather at the moment because of a perceived risk of spreading infection or because of the regulations prohibiting gatherings (we await the courts decision on the lawfulness of the regulations themselves which were introduced without parliamentary scrutiny). Did you feel the same way about those who came out of their homes and workplaces into the road or the car park or forecourt outside their building to join together in clapping and cheering and banging pots and pans for the NHS? In my view, the government seemed to encourage those gatherings, I think to help build national pride.

Sorry, meant to quote West77 above.

Indeed, but to wait until covid restrictions are over (if they ever will be) is to wait too long. Once they are on the statute books it's too late. The time for protesting is now, before it happens.

Edited by Anna B