Libraries During Lockdown

I'd like to do personal study at a library today using my own computer. Anyone know if this is possible or is it just to borrow books ?

cheers

Gleadless library is closed, even to borrow books.

Not according to their website; https://shefflibraries.blogspot.com/p/live-library-status-tracker.html

From the 12th April, the following services will be available from the City Council managed Libraries and Archives Service,

• Order and Collect
  • Public access computers - by appointment only
  • Home Library Service
  • Online eLibrary available 24/7 for library members
  • A programme of online events
  • Searches in the Archives - by appointment only

If by Gleadless you mean the one at Newfield Green  (I'm not sure if theres another in Gleadless) it is now open limited hours - Monday 1-3 and Thurs I think is 10 -12.

Gleadless library is the one on White lane. The difficulty with opening that one is, it is attached to the doctors and while the covid 19 is ongoing you cannot blame some of the volunteers who run it not wanting to work there. Also the people who are vaccinated for covid19 at the doctors pass through the library.

7 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Gleadless library is the one on White lane. The difficulty with opening that one is, it is attached to the doctors and while the covid 19 is ongoing you cannot blame some of the volunteers who run it not wanting to work there. Also the people who are vaccinated for covid19 at the doctors pass through the library.

Oh of course, I forgot there was a library there.  I can see your point about it being attached to the doctors, good reason for keeping it closed at the minute.

I am disappointed that there are still such restrictions on using libraries. Only one person allowed in at a time. You have to say what books you want and an assistant will bring them to you, no chance of browsing. Really not worth going yet.

Have you thought that while you are browsing and touching the books that you could be passing the covid unknowingly.

On 23/04/2021 at 14:57, Kidorry said:

Have you thought that while you are browsing and touching the books that you could be passing the covid unknowingly.

But what is the difference between that and people  picking up stuff in shops and putting it back?

14 hours ago, Minimo said:

But what is the difference between that and people  picking up stuff in shops and putting it back?

If they sanitise their hands before they enter  a shop then the danger is minimised.

So people can't sanitise their hands before  a library visit?