Watford Fc V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

Had 0-0 draw allover this game,apart from a failure on Wednesdays part, to cut out the one telling cross Watford conjured up in the entire game,other than that both sides had three decent chances to score and both fluffed them, Watford had the movement and looked good in possession, but Wednesday snuffed out the threat and countered well, but lacked that quality cross or incisive ball around their box,where as Watford did pose that threat but we cut it out at source,apart from that one moment.

Fluke goal goes to the team at the top and three points, team at the bottom get nothing. It is what happens , then looking at the Brum game they get a penalty in the last minute. Lets get on with it it,s football.

1 minute ago, ALAN 58 said:

Fluke goal goes to the team at the top and three points, team at the bottom get nothing. It is what happens , then looking at the Brum game they get a penalty in the last minute. Lets get on with it it,s football.

Just goes to show my comments about a good manager being a lucky manager.

Teams are so evenly matched in the Championship, it just needs that tiny bit of luck to swing the game..

I know Wednesday aren't exceptional, neither are they as bad as some posters make them out to be.

Bit of good luck and Wednesday would be mid-table.

Never a truer word spoken when Greavsie quoted,  It's a funny old game.

i agree with that padders,only us could lose on the day a man who taught them so much this week,hope he gets well soon

17 hours ago, Padders said:

Just goes to show my comments about a good manager being a lucky manager.

Teams are so evenly matched in the Championship, it just needs that tiny bit of luck to swing the game..

I know Wednesday aren't exceptional, neither are they as bad as some posters make them out to be.

Bit of good luck and Wednesday would be mid-table.

Never a truer word spoken when Greavsie quoted,  It's a funny old game.

The best luck Wednesday could hope for is Chansiri to leave and undo his mistakes,hes running the club into the ground.

Weve had plenty of good luck this season,-12 changed to -6, wins at home to Derby and Middlesborough where we got battered and outplayed.

Anyone who thinks Wednesday are good enough to get out of league one next season as it stands,is gunna get a serious wake up call,they will have to battle like hell just to stay in that division,they currently have an average goal tally of 38 goals for their strongest starting line up, weve scored 28 goals with 8 games to go.

Its not science, its reality and bad recruitment,and a huge debt with no ground for the next 30 years.

When will Wednesdays fans wake up to the reality........ in league 2?

Edited by staninoodle

On 02/04/2021 at 17:14, Ridgewalk said:

Times have changed Hotmale 1954, sadly. The upper echelons of football are full with formerly " tinpot " clubs, eg Watford, Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Fulham. The south is where the money is.

The new reality unfortunately.

Cov lost. Looks like 3 from bottom 5.

Currently, there's no bigger 'tin pot club' in all 4 Divisions than Wednesday.

Our Tinpottedness is without bounds.

I hope the Micky Takers realise that the supporters have nothing whatsoever to do with the demise of a once fine club.

Leave blaming the supporters to DC and his advisory team.

I'm not saying I'm past caring, but at my age, I'm almost past caring.

We all keep wanting and expecting  a huge rise in our fortunes and our standing, whilst the rest of the country can see the real picture.

It's hard to imagine England's 5th biggest City has such poor representation from one famous club, and is soon to be bludgeoned by the relegation of what was seen to be a 'rapidly improving club'.

i would be shocked if we kept all our team a could not got straight up out of league 1,if we went down,rhodes would have so many goals alone,but if we go down we must keep lots of players due to the spending rules/wages ect,if the players go down with you as a club,i am sure the wage rule is okay,but release and buy thats different,i may be wrong though,but thats how i read it.

:confused:

Edited by iansheff