Carboot Mega Thread 2021

While driving past the Thorpe Hesley cricket ground up towards the M1 at Chapeltown, I noticed they'd had a car boot on 11th of July. Their Facebook page says that the next dates are 1st August, 29th August and 19th September.

Does anyone know if the Thorpe Hesley and High Green carboot sale is definitely on this Sunday 1st August, in view of the amount of rain that's fallen recently?

I keep checking the cricket club's facebook page, and they have made no announcement yet.  But a cricket match has been cancelled tonight?

Went up  at 9am this morning and there was no sign up outside the cricket club - however, just driven past again an hour ago, and the two signs they normally put up are now in position, with the date of 1st August on them .

So it would appear, unless there's a downpour, that the carboot is going ahead??

Yep it’s on Thorpe Hesley well hope it is I’m on my way now.
Marsh lane also on 

It was on, and I went, but it was a rather disappointing turn out of sellers.

I agree it was disappointing and they packed up early with the rain.

Car boot sale

Tesco Infirmary Road

8th August

6-12 

Cars  £6.50   vans £9.00

Last week's cancelled car boot sale at

Tesco Infirmary Road

Is now this Sunday 15th August

Does anyone know when the next Tesco Infirmary Road car boot sale is going to be? And if it is scheduled for a date when bad weather is forecast, would it be possible for it to be posted on here if it's on or off?  Thanks.

8 hours ago, grandma1 said:

Does anyone know when the next Tesco Infirmary Road car boot sale is going to be? And if it is scheduled for a date when bad weather is forecast, would it be possible for it to be posted on here if it's on or off?  Thanks.

It is scheduled for this coming Sunday 22nd,  posted on their Facebook page and the banner outside the store. The Sunday morning weather forecast isn't good- over 80% chance of rain. The last one that they cancelled due to rain, they only announced at 6am on the day.  Wish they would decide by 8pm on Saturday, that would be helpful wouldn't it ?

Edited by nanoffive
one word added

Is the Tesco car boot any good ? l,ve been a couple of times and it was very poor quality ( the stuff on offer )  , have i just been to bad ones or are they always like this ?