Eskiomo Family In Hillsborough

I wonder if anyone can help me with a family puzzle?

I have an elderly aunt who lives in Norfolk and she married my uncle in 1953 and lived in Winyard Road with my grand parents for the first 3 years of their marriage, 

She is now in her late eighties and we speak quite often on the phone and I visit her whenever possible since my uncle passed away, she emailed me earlier this week and asked me if I remembered anything about a family of Eskimos who lived with my grandparents after the war but before she lived with them ,apparently it was a big thing at the time, they came here after my great uncle went to Canada and joined the Mounties and it was through him that they came here.

I can remember seeing a photograph of a family dressed like Eskimos when I was a child in my grandma's but where the photo is now I have no idea, I have contacted cousins to ask if they have any information but so far I have drawn a blank.  

My aunt says she thinks there was a story about them in the Telegraph or Star, does anyone know if I would be able to find out from the papers any information?

I know it's a long shot but it is a fascinating story.

Thanks

Edited by ekilopter
typo

2 hours ago, ekilopter said:

I wonder if anyone can help me with a family puzzle?

I have an elderly aunt who lives in Norfolk and she married my uncle in 1953 and lived in Winyard Road with my grand parents for the first 3 years of their marriage, 

She is now in her late eighties and we speak quite often on the phone and I visit her whenever possible since my uncle passed away, she emailed me earlier this week and asked me if I remembered anything about a family of Eskimos who lived with my grandparents after the war but before she lived with them ,apparently it was a big thing at the time, they came here after my great uncle went to Canada and joined the Mounties and it was through him that they came here.

I can remember seeing a photograph of a family dressed like Eskimos when I was a child in my grandma's but where the photo is now I have no idea, I have contacted cousins to ask if they have any information but so far I have drawn a blank.  

My aunt says she thinks there was a story about them in the Telegraph or Star, does anyone know if I would be able to find out from the papers any information?

I know it's a long shot but it is a fascinating story.

Thanks

I can have a look in the online British Newspaper Archive,  but I'd need some names to search.

Edited by sadbrewer

Thank you for replying

The family name was Barlow and they lived on Winyard Road in Hillsborough