Sign in to follow this  

Sim For Ipad

I have just bought an iPad air.

I am with Tesco mobile for my android phone.

Can someone  tell me what sim card I need to access the net when I move into another house which has  a BT phone line but no broad band

At present I'm with plus net.

Thanks

If you just bought the iPad from a shop, you can use any data SIM. The iPad shouldn't be locked in any way. ( I heard they stopped locking...not 100% sure)

If you have a bit of a hunt online, plenty are just PAYG with a set amount of data on the SIM. You can either pay for more, or go with another company.

EDIT: When I say 'shop' I mean, not from a phone company such as O2 etc.

Edited by zach

As said above, however the iPad has to be the "WiFi and Cellular" version obviously...

The alternative is just tether it to your phone, use your phone as a WiFi access point

Take a look here for sim only deals (other comparison sites available too): https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/

If you have household broadband, maybe best just to connect via wifi; mobile data tends to be more expensive if you use a lot; though, it's more convenient of course, if you're out and about more.

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If you have household broadband, maybe best just to connect via wifi; mobile data tends to be more expensive if you use a lot; though, it's more convenient of course, if you're out and about more.

he said "when I move into another house which has  a BT phone line but no broad band" so obv doesn't have that option as yet

18 hours ago, Ghozer said:

he said "when I move into another house which has  a BT phone line but no broad band" so obv doesn't have that option as yet

Ah right thanks ghozer, missed that.

In that case, maybe best to get a pre paid 30 day data sim, and arrange with a telecoms company to get broadband, which I guess will take around 2 weeks?