Barnsley Fc V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

I might have been a tad unfair on Reach.

He walloped it away quite well as a left back, quite often.

He's like a wet sponge in the tackle though, so as hard as he ran, as much as he got in the way, surely we must have a better option. I've said that about most of 'em over the piece, but my God, they've battled today. 

I hate disliking my team week after week, slating them, deriding them, to then see all the heart  fight and guts today.

It's horrible this football caper.

Except for today 🙂

1 hour ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Great win today, well done Wednesday but unfortunately you've left yourselves way too much to do.

My thoughts entirely,

However a win at Watford, and the great escape could be on.

What can you say. That has to be the performance of the season for us. I certainly didn,t expect that coming and when Westwood went off during the warm up i thought someone up there does not like Sheffield Wednesday, how wrong i was everyone gave what they had and Urhoghide  stood out with Lees and Borner keeping the Reds at bay. We did what the fans have wanted for a long time, attack and supply Rhodes and he will do the rest, and he did. I  still don,t think we can avoid the drop but a few results like that and it brings others into the equation. Well done Owls.   

1 hour ago, ALAN 58 said:

What can you say. That has to be the performance of the season for us. I certainly didn,t expect that coming and when Westwood went off during the warm up i thought someone up there does not like Sheffield Wednesday, how wrong i was everyone gave what they had and Urhoghide  stood out with Lees and Borner keeping the Reds at bay. We did what the fans have wanted for a long time, attack and supply Rhodes and he will do the rest, and he did. I  still don,t think we can avoid the drop but a few results like that and it brings others into the equation. Well done Owls.   

Got to give credit to Darren Moore, he needed a few games to try and get things sorted out.

Bit premature, but has he succeeded ?

A good display at Watford, win or lose, might give us a clue.

Is the Phoenix about about to rise from the ashes?

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Contrary to popular belief, we all knew (and know) that Rhodes can do the business.

The problem has been Managers not playing him, or only giving him 10 minutes, and the supply being non existent.

Hopefully (and surely) Darren will play him, and hopefully (as he's been quoted) will improve our offensive intent, and increase the chances made.

On an up, like now, I feel we can get out of this mess.

Don't let us down Wednesday.

We live in hope.

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Got to give credit to Darren Moore, he needed a few games to try and get things sorted out.

Bit premature, but has he succeeded ?

A good display at Watford, win or lose, might give us a clue.

Is the Phoenix about about to rise from the ashes?

I can't see it. A draw against them would be good, I wouldn't expect anything more and we don't know how he'll set up. If he sets us up defensive then we won't see much but set up like today and play like  we did against these then who knows.

Top drawer from Wednesday controlled the game from the off and worked VERY hard,closed down allover the park and reacted quickly to snuff out danger,jigged the formation and put Patterson into MF and to be fair he had a very strong game.

Barnsley are no mugs,a very decent side home or away,but they barely laid a glove on us,and were forced to go long by an inspired Wednesday who closed down all the outlets,with the 3 CBs gobbling up all the long balls.

Superb finishing from Rhodes whose in a hot streak just now, aided by the equally lively Windass, shame it looks too late to save their season, largely ruined by the disasterous spell under TP.

Ive always stuck up for Reach,but he just  hasnt found his niche under any of the styles weve played this season,hes not a tackler,he puts in some delicious crosses, but hes likewise ineffective centrally,looks like hes off to join Lundstram and Shaw in Glasgow next season, Id give young Galvin a go in all honesty at LWB unless Odubajo is close to a return, hed be usefull in the form he was in right now.

8 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Edited version, shortened by me:

I've always stuck up for Reach,but he just  hasnt found his niche under any of the styles weve played this season,hes not a tackler,he puts in some delicious crosses, but hes likewise ineffective centrally,looks like hes off to join Lundstram and Shaw in Glasgow next season, Id give young Galvin a go in all honesty at LWB unless Odubajo is close to a return, hed be usefull in the form he was in right now.

I agree though I still have hopes for Penney.

Given more game time, he could evolve in to a more mature, effective player.

2 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I agree though I still have hopes for Penney.

Given more game time, he could evolve in to a more mature, effective player.

I think weve all wished for Penney too crack on and fulfill that potential, its just defensively hes weak,doesnt show that awareness to spot where danger is,and when he does hes slow to react,not strong enough in the tackle either.

I watched Connor Grant for Rochdale at Lincoln the other night,he had a VERY strong game,hes coming on by the game in mans football,he had way more potential than Shaw.I reckon were going to regret letting him go big style hed have got into our squad next season.