Strange events at Redmires

The sound of a fox calling at night is often mistaken for a baby crying and can be extremely loud. Anyone know a site which might have a recording?

ive spent literally hundreds of hours up there over the last twenty years,i once took a mate of mine up the roman road,stanage pole,robin hood,s cave,carl walk down to hathersage and on to castleton, the day started of ok as we got off the bus at the hospital,then it started to close in a little, by the time we got to the pole it was a real pea souper of a fog,as i said,ive spent lots of time up there but when ,to the right of the pole, a gap appeared in the fog and a large house,with lawns and a lake appeared,i knew something was amiss.

by the time we hit burbage bridge the fog had lifted and it turned into a great day,we walked on to castleton,but in the back of my mind i was still wondering what i had seen ,in the hole in the fog, dozens of visits later,it has never re occured, a mirage perhaps,or an optical illusion,i dont know,but i have never seen that house any where else

redmires is allegedly a dogging hotspot so no wonder you heard wailing & moaning!

That'll be it then DIAMONDRAVA: Whore-moans working overtime.

You're all bonkers!:loopy: Redmires is a great place so enjoy it for what it is.

'The Blair Witch Project' has a lot to answer for! :rolleyes:

Hoooooowl!

Made me laugh when you said 'put your foot down'. In this context it made the whole post rather amusing, although I know what you meant :hihi:

Ooops! I see what you mean!! No, that would have been "both feet down"...

so what about one saturday the 8th July up at redmires??? 10pm??? theres the car park just at the top nr stanage isnt there? oh my life im gettin r8 excited about this now..... i can see us all huddled in the trees waitin and then all of a sudden something happens and we all freak out!! we will need torches, warm clothing, DIGITAL CAMERA/ VIDEO!!! (for the evidence we will collect) and hot toddies :hihi:

I will be with you............in thought :hihi:

The car park round the side of the dam is the best place then you can walk up round the back to the top, I'd say meet at about 9pm so you can get good light up to the top.

Saturday is good for me too :thumbsup:

I will be there. You wont see me, but I'll be there. Watching.........

so the guy wanted to go somewhere an let out some steam/upset whatever in relative seclusion. How does that make for a weird event!?

i'd have been up for a ghost hunt, but im out that night, have fun though, and don't get too scared :hihi: