Plagued By Msn

I seem to be randomly interrupted by MSN whatever I am doing on the computer. I recently had to do a reset after a failed Windows 10 update. Any ideas?

What exactly do you mean here - does MSN = mainstream news or do you mean Microsoft and their 'useful' habit of initiating downloads which totally snarl up other traffic, or something else?

As I avoid most Microsoft stuff that I can, I might struggle to help here, but what are doing when it happens? I  have never used it, but I suspect you are using the Edge browser and you have MSN in either one of the tabs or the dreaded 'ribbon' at the top of the browser window. Try closing anything that refers to 'MSN news' or similar.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I've never even seen that browser in action, so can't really tell you where to look.

Need more info..

What do you mean MSN? Do you literally mean the MSN website/news?

and 'plagued by' / randomly interrupted by... Again, what do you mean? in what way?

Is it in a web browser? (if so, which?)
or is it popping up randomly no matter what you're doing? (literally, anywhere, any time?)
or do you mean on the lock screen of Windows? (Where you enter your PIN or password)
or do you mean the windows side-bar?

Or may be tell us the steps you take before it appears?

2 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

Need more info..

What do you mean MSN? Do you literally mean the MSN website/news?

and 'plagued by' / randomly interrupted by... Again, what do you mean? in what way?

Is it in a web browser? (if so, which?)
or is it popping up randomly no matter what you're doing? (literally, anywhere, any time?)
or do you mean on the lock screen of Windows? (Where you enter your PIN or password)
or do you mean the windows side-bar?

Or may be tell us the steps you take before it appears?

Thanks @Ghozer, that might be easier for the OP to answer than my uninformed reply.😉

I'm having similar issue with WinZip; keeps popping up to say so many drivers have been scanned and need updating.  If I click on fix it wants me to register, click on register and they want money to download the service.  Don't want to pay for what should be free and part of the Windows 10 'experience'.  Wish I hadn't upgrade my pc now!

7 minutes ago, AKAMD said:

I'm having similar issue with WinZip; keeps popping up to say so many drivers have been scanned and need updating.  If I click on fix it wants me to register, click on register and they want money to download the service.  Don't want to pay for what should be free and part of the Windows 10 'experience'.  Wish I hadn't upgrade my pc now!

Is this the commercial WinZip, which is only a limited-time trial before it becomes 'nag-ware' or is it some M$ product?

46 minutes ago, AKAMD said:

Since Windows XP you shouldn't need to use Winzip, as Windows has built-in zip support..

But yeah, as above - if it's not the full version, it may be ad-nagging you now....

It's certainly nagging me but how do I get rid of it?

4 minutes ago, AKAMD said:

It's certainly nagging me but how do I get rid of it?

Uninstall the program.

Thanks for the replies but the problem seems to have resolved itself somehow.